Antenna Gone Bad

Has anyone experience a bad antenna or have one gone bad? :hmm: I have come to this conclusion since swapping out the radio and try them in the other jeeps and the radio works fine. If anyone has experienced this what was the culprit. :dunno: I have not had the time to investigate any further at the moment.

yeah ive fixed 2 antennas on an XJ with the same problem. the wire which looks like a black cable tv wire, may be hiding so get a flashlight and take a good look

I too have had to do that, but then again I have seen it on the wranglers also. and i've done it alot since i work in a stereo shop.

Thanks folks went fishing under the PS kick panel and found that it just needed to be re-connected and is a two-piece connection to the antenna. I remember in the day that this was just a one-piece thanks folks. jamminz.gif

I've had this happen twice, so last time I went in there to install a power antenna, I put a length of heat shrink tubing around the joint to prevent it forever. Well, hopefully forever........... :D