G's Chief

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/13/2022 at 7:24 PM, jdog said:

Those look like some fun toys, how close do those cop wheels come to the fenders?

Too close! lol

It's got an early B body axle, so i had to fold the wheel well lip and create 1/4" of clearance at the top of the inner fender well for full clearance. 

3 hours ago, 87 MJ Chief said:

Too close! lol

It's got an early B body axle, so i had to fold the wheel well lip and create 1/4" of clearance at the top of the inner fender well for full clearance. 

That is tight

3 hours ago, 87 MJ Chief said:

Too close! lol

If it’s too big for the duster… 

Dodge B-Body axles fit MJ’s pretty good :grinyes:

2A48F5DE-7A4B-4A8A-8179-A7B8E88537DC.jpeg.0537bfb088160e3e2e4d33dc6145b2cc.jpeg28134BD2-6C96-492F-93A7-E8CA7651D9B7.jpeg.9ddad7960011d5ccd6988c853043a78e.jpeg

1 hour ago, 87 MJ Chief said:

That's good to know. G's big brother has hinted at making a Go-Fastee Comanche. 2-wheel drive LS swap, and knowing this, use my other 3.91 Sure Grip. hmmmm... 

Early b body axles are slightly narrower than the Factory MJ axles. 
later B,E,and C body Axles are wider and would be slightly better in an MJ

• 2 weeks later...

It was a good Christmas, @jdog. Due to family sickness, we were able to spend Christmas Eve at home for the first time in years.

G got supplies to perform @cruiser54's priority #22- vacuum harness replacement, replacement speakers for the doors and corners, and several parts for his Gladiator. 

I hope your Christmas went well too.

• 11 months later...

Geez, I haven't updated the build since last December?

We have been plugging along with the restoration as time allows. Keep in mind, we're also building his '70 Gladiator from the ground up simultaneously. A lot of what we have been doing consists of removing a part / cleaning / painting and reinstalling. We drove around some and just enjoyed it.

We are most likely going to be putting more time into it over the winter. G is having a hard time choosing which truck to put our time and his money in:laugh:. He knows that 'preservation' now eliminates 'restoration' later. 

I'll bring y'all up to speed with pictures soon.