Kaede the Eliminator

The pile of parts I want to install but can't grows!

Got a hitch from @krustyballer16 and it fit great after a few coats of epoxy paint! But that does mean I'm running no bumper right now as the one on there and its brackets were modified by the previous owner to be a rollpan and won't fit. So I bought a new rear bumper from @Pete M, great to meet him on his trip up the country, but brackets didn't make the trip by accident so that sits in the shed, its existence tantalizing to me. I also got a very nice 3 pane slider from him but he made me aware that the 4 pane slider in my truck does not use the factory gasket so I have to find one of those, too. Lastly, today I got my new headliner in from SMS and it looks nice but I'm missing 3 of the 4 hook strips in the cab of my Jeep that would secure it. So I'm thinking tomorrow I may clean and re-paint the slider window so it's ready to swap in once I get a new gasket.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed my headliner from SMS over the weekend before last along with fixing my wiper delay module with a new transistor.

I also picked up a 2001 GS300 with a blown head gasket at work today for only $500 and I'm thinking about swapping the 2JZ into the Comanche since it's lowered and meant to be a street weapon.

Had the idea on my own when I had an 02 GS300 earlier this year and was considering swapping its engine to my Cherokee before I traded the GS for my Comanche but it has been done before.

Thread: https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1033211

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Lightning round on updates. Since September the following has occured:

Cleaned and painted the 3 pane slider, still not installed
Installed rear bumper brackets and rear bumper

Replaced the front shocks with some from a 2wd 1st gen Explorer since the DF was completely blown out

Cruise control has stopped working, probably the cheap flea-bay switch

Wipers are bugged out again, seems to be a problem with the multi-function switch on the intermittent setting this time

Pulled apart and painted the spare header panel that came with it only to realize it's from an 86-88

Got some strong Velcro to strengthen the attachment of the headliner

Hooked up the AC machine at work and got Kaede blowing literal ice out the vents

Replaced the outer window wipes
Fixed the speedometer reading wrong and installed a different speedometer gear

Replaced all the speakers and added front tweeters (not happy with their current location behind the dash)

Replaced the ashtray light bulb (didn't even know it had one)

Tried bleeding the brakes today, didn't seem to make any change with how the rears engage, got good fluid flow, though, no air during the bleeding, bled the emergency circuit, too, and I've got all new hardware and wheel cylinders back there so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Fixed and sold the GS300 to fund my trip to Japan
Continued to ignore the play in the drag link and pitman arm tie rod

On 8/6/2023 at 8:11 PM, Pete M said:

yeah, bleeding the brakes can be a challenge. :( 

I'm thinking it isn't a bleeding issue because it was the same before I replaced rear brake parts for being rusty and frozen.

8 minutes ago, Drahcir495 said:
On 5/29/2022 at 9:52 AM, Tactical Bacon said:

20220528_200206.JPG.6e68693b35e70a3d0ed4372db71d725f.JPG

I would love to see a topper on her but nice as is.

Topper could definitely be cool but I'm aiming for a tonneau cover at this point in time.

• 4 months later...

I put some new j-hook wiper arms on her tonight, much better wiper-to-windshield contact now. Now I just need to sort the driver washer nozzle not spraying well. She's also getting a new front end this weekend, 4 ball joints, 4 tie rod ends, sway bar bushings, shorter sway bar links, and a track bar all supposed to be delivered Friday but they'll probably sit till Sunday so I can check out the local yard on Saturday.

20231213_180538.JPG