'89 Jeep Comanche Project (with extra parts) - $1500 TN

Minuit

I'm searching for a new car for work, and need to clear space in the driveway. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time I'd need to get this truck where it needs to be, so I'm hoping to pass it off to someone here who can do it justice. I've put -maybe- 200 miles on it in the time I've owned it, just to give you an idea.

Here's the basic specs. 1989, 4.0, AX-15, 2wd. Standard payload. Many colors. Approximately 150,000 miles. Clean TN title in hand.

VycCJRjl.jpg

Au9kDjGl.jpg

hwKas06l.jpg

hDir6L6l.jpg

gu7NeuWl.jpg

eZagolxl.jpg

VDwlJyYl.jpg

SEWrGf2l.jpg

fhDmyFul.jpg

These pictures are as it sits today. I'm happy to get more if you need more detail.

The truck itself is extremely solid and has no rust anywhere but the floors. The body is very straight. Most of the floor rust-through has been cut out, and a high quality replacement Key Parts floor pan is included with the sale.

The drivetrain is a mixed bag. The engine is likely to need a rebuild soon and has a nasty exhaust leak, but the transmission shifts great and I do not remember any noise from the rear axle. It starts up every time.

This truck suffered from modest death wobble, likely in part having to do with the tires. I never could get them to balance right, and swapping the Michelins over from my silver truck cured the wobble. Aside from that, this truck actually drove really well, with pretty tight steering box and a smooth ride.

Upgrades installed on truck:

- Open cooling system with 2.5L expansion tank (next to airbox)

- Headlight relay harness

- New 4AWG battery cables with military style battery posts

Maintenance done while I owned it:

- New rear brakes except drums

- Coolant flush

- Partial front suspension refresh

More details on what I did can be seen here:

And the thread in the VIN registry here:

Included parts:

- Some interior parts, good condition

- Key Parts replacement floor pan

- Duraliner bed liner

- Bed toolbox (installed over the bed liner)

Optional extra parts - willing to bundle some or all with sale. Volume discount may apply as thanks for cleaning my attic and garage.

- "1987 Tan" Hunter's Plaid upholstery -$350 SOLD

- MJ Dana 44 rear axle, 3.07 open rear diff. Brake drums not included - $400 PENDING SALE

- Trac-Lok D44 carrier with used 3.55 gears - $125 PENDING SALE

- Renix 4.0 fuel sending unit, good condition - $100

I live in Columbia, TN. I'm currently free most weekends if you want to come look at it. Test drives are probably out of the question, but we can definitely fire it up and maybe run it around the block.

Price: $1500 OBO as pictured. There is a chance I'll start working on it in my free time to increase the resale value. If I do, price will go up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jeremy - IF I still lived in the house with the full basement garage I’d be in your driveway with a trailer.  But the new house has a (small) two car garage with a 10’ x 10’ workshop.  
I hope a Comanche Club member buys it before it goes on FB or the roadside.

Fred

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived