Cooper Tires doesn't want our business

Eagle

I ran Cooper Discoverers (the originals, before they started adding alphabet codes after "Discoverer") on my '88 XJ for years. Now that I'm looking for tires for the 2000 XJ, I went to the Cooper website. In the Discoverer line-up, they offer NOTHING in the stock 225/75-15 size. Not the Evolution H/T, not the Discoverer ATR, not the AT3 4S, and not the SRX.

They do offer the AT3 4S in 235/75-15, but that one wasn't my first or second choice.

I'm disappointed. I know the trend is toward larger rim sizes, but it really feels like Cooper has abandoned us.

Availability of tires in any size has been hurt by the pandemic. We weren't able to get trailer tires at all for our light fleet at work for a few months this summer through any of our wholesalers, and we've started needing to stockpile steer tires for the highway plows because it's taking close to a month to get them in when it used to be overnight. The more popular sizes and brands in light truck tires are sold out all the time. If anything the less popular sizes have been more available, although even they're starting to sell out. But let's face it, it's been ten years since the last new truck was sold with a 15" wheel.

The only ATs I can find in a 225/75R15 are the Toyo Open Country AT3, the Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT, and the Kelly Edge A/T which is apparently a discount Goodyear brand. and a handful of all-seasons and winters. The Grabber ATx lists a 225/70R15, and a 215/75R15, might be other options in that size. 235/75R15 is fairly commonly listed and usually the logical step up on the XJ but is definitely getting tougher to find lately as well, like anything else for a 15" truck wheel. I ended up with a set of 16" KJ wheels for my winters on my ZJ after giving up trying to find something close to a 31x10.5 for a 15" wheel.

I run Canadian Tire Motomaster Total Terrain A/T3 tires (235/75/15) on my MJ and they've been great.   They also go on sale about once a month.   They're a discount version of the Cooper Discoverer ATP tires.  I wouldn't be surprised if there's a similar version for the US market.  

MotoMaster Total Terrain A/T3 Tire Canadian Tire

Cooper Discoverer ATP Review - Truck Tire Reviews