EGR questions on 4.0

So I have the hose run from the Macs tank to the 2.5L bottle on the driver side fender. Now I need to move the EGR stuff that’s in the way. I’ve pulled the hoses and solenoid off and I’m waiting on some vacuum line plugs to come in so I can cap them off. Do I leave the EGR relay plugged in or pull it off the harness?

Second question:

Rather than remove the EGR and tube that goes into the manifold I’ve read that I can just plug anything vacuum related to it and be done with it. Does that sound correct? Only asking because this was a NE truck and those bolts don’t look like they really want to come off 🤣

If you’re gonna pull everything out related to the emission system, I would experiment with unplugging the solenoid and just leaving the vac line attached just in case the engine doesn’t perform as well as it should. Granted it should still run just fine with or without but I would do it like that just so that way it’s an easy quick reversible mod if it doesn’t work out. 

Now as far as the bolts in the aluminum, they should still come out but I can’t imagine them being seized or “welded” together. 

13 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

He’s got a 2.5L so it’s gonna look a bit different for him. 

OK, thanks. What threw me off was the posts about adding the 2.5 expansion bottle. If its a 2.5 wouldn't bottle already be there? Also I thought the 2.5 was an open system from the factory. So why add the Macs tank?

I have learned a lot from these forums, so just asking.

Just now, PIKE said:

If its a 2.5 wouldn't bottle already be there? Also I thought the 2.5 was an open system from the factory. So why add the Macs tank?

Yes, some people want to do away with it in favor of the metal one just because the bottle is plastic and 4.0L guys can use it as an upgrade and move away from the closed system. 

• Rubikahn changed the title to EGR questions on 4.0
7 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

He’s got a 2.5L so it’s gonna look a bit different for him. 

I do have a 2.5L SWB that  I’m working on as well that will be my daughters in two years once she gets her license. If she wants it 🤣 

This topic was for the 4.0 LWB I also own. Apologies for the confusion. Topic has been edited.