1991 MJ Base Model Fun Project

15 hours ago, watchamakalit said:

Any chance you could get stone measurements for where your you're mirrors mount? And maybe a pic or two of where the interior door brace mounts?  I have a set of tow mirrors in want to mount but haven't found good reference photos.

The PO used rivited nut inserts without inside backing plates to install. I think they just picked a spot on the door, without reason. The mirrors did not match the body lines and were presumably always loose, causing door panel damage. I will be replacing them with 1996 XJ non break away mirrors.

9 hours ago, Blade said:

The PO used rivited nut inserts without inside backing plates to install. I think they just picked a spot on the door, without reason. The mirrors did not match the body lines and were presumably always loose, causing door panel damage. I will be replacing them with 1996 XJ non break away mirrors.

Ugh. Ok.  I am having a rough time finding someone that can find those measurements.

I don't want to hack it like your po

1 hour ago, watchamakalit said:

Ugh. Ok.  I am having a rough time finding someone that can find those measurements.

I don't want to hack it like your po

have you asked in Tech yet?  I'm sure someone can snag a pic from the parts manual or something.  :L:

On 1/31/2022 at 7:07 AM, Pete M said:

can you do a quick writeup about the latches for the DIY?  we need to get the word out about how straight forward it is to refresh them. :D 

Done. DIY Projects and Write ups. "Refreshing Door Latches".

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, those before and after pictures sure are night and day. What a great job you did on the interior and under the hood. Cool story behind the truck too.
Imagine those 36,000 miles are about equal to 100,000 miles in hours with all the back and forth plowing? 
Good find. Glad to see she is getting the love and respect these awesome trucks deserve.