Floor shift indicator bezel

Whitaker717

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This one will fit all XJ and MJ to 1996.  However, it would not be correct for pre-87 models with the 3 speed auto transmissions.  Also, this one came from a 1996, and the font is different from the earlier ones.  Compare it to yours and you will notice the difference.  It will fit and work.  How about $40 shipped?

IMG_2027.jpeg

5 hours ago, jdog said:

That's not factory,  probably the plastic Weld broke and the po put screws in it to keep it together

5 hours ago, Whitaker717 said:

Mine has 4 screws on the white part that looks like it can come off

It's most likely factory.  

Here is a factory unit with the screw on lower portion.  This is for a very early XJ with the 3 speed transmission.

Are you sure which transmission you have?  3 speed or the 4 speed AW4?

I have never seen a 4 speed AW4 shift bezel with the bolt on lower part, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

In any case, the one I showed from the 1996 would still work if you have the 4 speed trans.

IMG_2128.jpeg

IMG_2129.jpeg

14 hours ago, Whitaker717 said:

I think it is a 4 speed but not sure. How can I find out? Mine looks similar to the one shown except my 1-2 is right next to each other. 

Sounds like you have a 4 speed. As long as your mj is newer than 86 and it's not a manual it's a 4 speed.

You could also count the shift points the next time you drive it or upload a photo of your transmission