1989 MJ & 2001 XJ

1 hour ago, MiNi Beast said:

Did you plug it in backwards by chance? :dunno:

I really don’t think so, because when I went to verify the plug was still working with the dummy-light gauges it was fine and I made sure to keep the orientation 

1 hour ago, jdog said:

The fuel gauge on both look funky,  on the 3/4 it looks like it didn't get plugged in straight, they are a bit finicky to get it plugged in straight.

The fuel gauge on the 3/4 looks just like the one I currently have with the dummy lights? Or do you mean the circuitry in the back?

23 minutes ago, jdog said:

I mean how its way past full, that usually means the sender side is grounded out IIRC, which is why I was wondering how you plugged it in.

What about the cleaner gauge cluster being all the way empty?

and I can’t confirm but I’m 99.9% certain that the fuel gauge on the dirty one didn’t move at all when I plugged it into the truck and started it

On 8/10/2021 at 9:17 PM, Ctwilson1 said:

What about the cleaner gauge cluster being all the way empty?

and I can’t confirm but I’m 99.9% certain that the fuel gauge on the dirty one didn’t move at all when I plugged it into the truck and started it

I have swapped in a 92 ho setup and my fuel reads backwards now. So the more i drive the fuller the tank gets. :teehee:

On 8/13/2021 at 10:23 AM, Pete M said:

I hate it when "simple" upgrades become super complicated. :(  you should post this up in Tech.  not everyone reads the projects section and you'll get more eyeballs and hopefully more ideas.  :L:  

I’m hopefully going to work on it tomorrow so I’ll double check some things first and then give that a shot. Thanks for the heads up!

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have no updates in regards to the gauge cluster. We moved and I’m starting a new job plus my masters program started back up so I’ve been busy! Finally got around to bringing the truck down to the new place to find out someone cut the catalytic converter 👎 made for a awfully loud drive and is definitely discouraging. But the good news is the truck has a garage!!!!

77D26294-8DA0-4E35-8A13-33B4FE39E398.jpeg

7C23CA9B-05CF-4DEE-8EEE-659EF6AF2759.jpeg