Bucket Seats, What to Buy?

don't bother with an old Cherokee, go to the junkyard and pick out any bucket seat from a newer car that your butt likes. :D  they are all about the same level of difficulty to install.  usually a bit of 1x1 tube steel can do it. 

Pete is right dude, there are some super comfy Beemer seats out there you could score, but sometimes these can be pricey. Sit on a few and find your set, then fabricate you some mounts, it's worth the time and effort, trust us...

If your looking for aftermarket, I enjoyed the corbeau Baja XRS in my YJ. PRP seats are also highly regarded. For an MJ I might go with a corbeau trailcat or similar since the width is nice and thigh bolsters are easier to get in and out of. 

Got my Dakota 40-20-40 seats from a local junkyard.  No wear and in near perfect condition.  They were from a late 90s-early 2000s Dodge Dakota.  i found a set with the high headrest.   Had them in since 2018 and I love them.  Had to modify mounting brackets, of course.  Best upgrade EVER.

seats.jpg.b613f0b92c7f789aea45233505f308f3.jpg

I installed Corbeau reclining "Sport Seats" in black cloth, and I sprang for the lumbar support option.  These seats are VERY nice, with good firm cushions and some side support.

They ran me about $750 for the pair.   Not cheap, but well worth it compared to some worn out junkyard stuff with cigarette burns and coffee stains.

4 hours ago, AZJeff said:

I installed Corbeau reclining "Sport Seats" in black cloth, and I sprang for the lumbar support option.  These seats are VERY nice, with good firm cushions and some side support.

They ran me about $750 for the pair.   Not cheap, but well worth it compared to some worn out junkyard stuff with cigarette burns and coffee stains.

:thanks: