Auto Trader 89 Manche

WahooSteeler

What do you guys think it's worth? I've got a figure in my head. Funny thing is, for owners who don't wheel hard and/or fix up theirs for either a restore project or to be a DD, you WANT this truck to sell for that much. IMO, these trucks truly are almost as rare as Scramblers so it'd be cool to see them go up in value like 8's, now that I own a Manche of course. HA! But if that truck's metal is that clean top to bottom, the driveline is tight and TRUE miles, it's got a lot of value. I don't know what plows go for these days but with that clean setup w/the OE bumper, that's gotta be worth $1k. So it's like he's asking $7k for the truck. I'm an CJ8 fan too, and one of those in comparable condition goes for mid to high teens. It's fair to say without being able to see the Manche in person that it represents the top 1% of original, super clean Manche's. That being said, the price probably isn't too far off and there's a buyer out there who will pay close to that I'm sure. JMO!

That being said, the price probably isn't too far off and there's a buyer out there who will pay close to that I'm sure. JMO!

Trust me someone will buy it. We had an 89 around here at the Jeep dealership with around 50k original miles. It was a 2wd auto 4cyl bench seat rubber carpet and a non factory rear bumper (rear ended possibly), and some poor smuck paid $7,000 for it + dealer fees.

Though I think the Comanche's are rare, they are not that rare yet.

TNT, just because it has a plow on it doesn't mean it's a "just a nicely detailed plow truck". IMO that's just a back handed compliment at best. having a custom plow on it, to me, clarifies somebody most likely restored it because if it had been doing plow duty we all know it couldn't look like that no matter how well someone kept it clean. i don't think there is an off roader out there that would pay that kind of money to take it out and hammer it. i'd say that the guy looking for a solid DD and likes to do a little light off roading or have some fun getting to his favorite hunting spot might pay $5-6k for it. a collector? with that kind of mileage etc, i bet that truck will go quick pretty close to $7k. i guess all i'm saying is not everyone is in to modding their manche for max off road capability. they are the majority, but there are those who like to street out a 2WD and those who just like a cool little truck that not everybody has. well, i'm rambling obviously but this is what makes being a member cool: talking shop or b-s'ing with other owners. go ahead, just say "ok, you're right wahoo" and i'll stop posting on this tight little truck. ha! ;)

Jeff Foxworthy has a thing about buying a used rental car... goes something like:

"Why would anyone want to buy something that has been driven by that many people? Its like going to a house of ill repute looking for a wife. If its been ridden that hard by that many people, I don't want to take it home with me"

I feel the same way about plow trucks. I'd never bring a plow truck home for any use other than plowing. I'd never look at DDing a plow truck.

So, while I don't feel exactly the same as TNT, I'm in his camp on this one. Not worth 8 thousand dollars. And yes, I'm saying that just because of the plow.

uh, maybe it was never a plow truck, just for arguments sake? i WOULD agree that i'd be hesitant to buy a truck that was dedicated to plowing it's whole life. anyway, funny how threads weave (pun intended) their way through opinions. i actually posted this to share a super clean looking mj, not so much to focus on price. i see 88MJay's old manche going for $5600 and lot of guys out there wouldn't hesitate to pay that because it's worth it to THEM for a bitchin built trail rig. IMO for this rig, same reason for a different kind of buyer. it's all good........