HVAC wiring between years

It should be a direct swap except there are some differences between the plug styles on the blower motors and there is a thermocouple (not sure it's purpose) that is different between 89 and 92. I hacked together a 1988 box and a 1991 box in my truck and those were the only 2 noted differences. 

This is the thermocouple Torq is referring to.  It releases the compressor clutch when the evaporator temp drops below a certain amount.  Ignore the bubba job here - someone replaced it and had no idea what they were doing.  It's upside-down and the vapor line needs to go all the way into the evaporator. 

I just replaced the blower resistor in mine and RockAuto shows the same part #s for both 87 and 92 so I don't think that's different,  unless my blower doesn't work and I have yet to find out, ha!

20210407_102301.jpg.2586e4c9f5ed1482a665bd9d2eb8f176.jpg

I have a 96 blower motor in my 89. It plugged right in. That's something that I honestly suggest replacing with new unless you need one badly and have a spare, anyway.

The thermal probe's purpose is to regulate the system by cycling the compressor off when the evaporator is below a certain temperature. You need it. The probe is different between HO and Renix.