First Comanche!

Picked up this 1987 last August. Drove it home about an hour and has hit the road ONCE since then and only around the block. Needs quite a bit of TLC but the kids love it, the future wife loves it, and I am way to impatient waiting for extra money to throw to it. Underneath is rust free minus the usual floor pans and a small section of rocker you see in the photo.

EDIT: The stickers and the 4x4 emblems on a 2wd comanche were previous owners doing. It is a 2wd 4 banger.

Comanche.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh yeah you saw the photo on facebook too! It is awesome being able to drive it finally but the little ones fight over who gets to go for a ride and when. Gonna see what a welder will charge me for the floors and rockers since I have never welded and trying to learn on a this vehicle may not be the smartest move. So much to do don't know where to begin D:

9 hours ago, 87ComancheMJ said:

Gonna see what a welder will charge me for the floors and rockers since I have never welded and trying to learn on a this vehicle may not be the smartest move. So much to do don't know where to begin D:

I think you ought to give it a shot first, if you have time. You can always reach out to me if you need help. 

On 3/31/2021 at 8:06 AM, 89 MJ said:

I think you ought to give it a shot first, if you have time. You can always reach out to me if you need help. 

I am considering attempting it. Just don't have a lot of storage for anything at the moment. Maybe once we get this giant shed we have been looking at I will. Until then I have ball joints, a U joint, and a bunch of front end stuff to replace. It is terrifying above 25mph. All over the road and there is so much play in the joint it vibrates horribly in the back. I got adventurous and brought it up to 55 and that was a mistake lol