Panel with Clock

The digital clock in the panel on my MJ is toast. Aside from the obvious options of leaving it there dead or getting a functional one from a part out and preplacing it... anyone do anything interesting, fun, or better with that slot in the dash? Just curious and looking for good upgrade ideas.

Haven't decided what I'm going to do with the other slots yet........

Holy Moses! I've never seen a panel like that in a Comanche, and I'm not sure I've seen it in a Cherokee. What goes in the three blank spaces? Is that one of the oh-so-rare System Sentry panels with the warning lights for oil level, etc?

I like that just for the thermometer. Where can I get a couple of those?

Haven't decided what I'm going to do with the other slots yet........Holy Moses! I've never seen a panel like that in a Comanche, and I'm not sure I've seen it in a Cherokee. What goes in the three blank spaces? Is that one of the oh-so-rare System Sentry panels with the warning lights for oil level, etc?

No, this is the Sentinel panel:

xjdashsystemsentry.jpg

I had one of these but decided the wiring and all the sensors needed to make it work wasn't worth the efort. The 1991 factory clock was the only year that the blank panels below the clock were incorporated. It appears these slots were designed for indicator lights which never happened. The 91 clock can be wired into any XJ/MJ. I fitted in a W124 Benz 300E ambient temperature LCD display into the lower slot. There's a short writeup on Gojeeps site:

http://home.earthlink.net/~jeepzz/siteb ... sentry.jpg

as well as one I posted here earlier in the Projects section: Mercedes Ambient Temperature Display in an MJ. The outside temp display comes in handy especially during the winter.

Haven't decided what I'm going to do with the other slots yet........Holy Moses! I've never seen a panel like that in a Comanche, and I'm not sure I've seen it in a Cherokee. What goes in the three blank spaces? Is that one of the oh-so-rare System Sentry panels with the warning lights for oil level, etc?

No, this is the Sentinel panel:

xjdashsystemsentry.jpg

I had one of these but decided the wiring and all the sensors needed to make it work wasn't worth the efort. The 1991 factory clock was the only year that the blank panels below the clock were incorporated. It appears these slots were designed for indicator lights which never happened. The 91 clock can be wired into any XJ/MJ. I fitted in a W124 Benz 300E ambient temperature LCD display into the lower slot. There's a short writeup on Gojeeps site:

http://home.earthlink.net/~jeepzz/siteb ... sentry.jpg

as well as one I posted here earlier in the Projects section: Mercedes Ambient Temperature Display in an MJ. The outside temp display comes in handy especially during the winter.

no write up, just the pic of the panel. :cry:

mike

no write up, just the pic of the panel. mike

Oops - sorry. :nuts: http://gojeep.willyshotrod.com/HowtoDashClock.htm

Great writeup and idea! I went with the Quadratec mirror for the temp sensor and compass, and have been thinking of creative uses for that area. I like the GPS idea, it would also be a nice place to put an enclosure for an IPOD

The digital clock in the panel on my MJ is toast. Aside from the obvious options of leaving it there dead or getting a functional one from a part out and replacing it... anyone do anything interesting, fun, or better with that slot in the dash? Just curious and looking for good upgrade ideas.

Has it gone out? or is it not keeping time anymore?