New edition to Team Dew

This is our latest project. and 88MJ. it will get new engine, tranny , transfer case, new interior, 4.5" or 6.5" lift and of course a new paint job.

Live Wire orange

will keep you all posted as this will be a long working project.

Mike

Image Not Found

little of both. Interior need to find the panels, going to go with a black interior. may just paint the ones that are there.

but upgrading the tranny to NV3550 and transfer case to NP 231 with SYE.

oh and rear end it getting a Dana 44...by the way, what was the Cherokee that came with that from factory....year would help.

Thanks

Mike

87 had the most dana 44's, but some 88's and 89's suposedly do. however, they have spring over perches while the comanche has spring under, and the spacing is differant. some comanches with the metric ton package came with dana 44's, too. but with you're planned lift, going spring over and putting new perches on wouldn't be bad any ways, that gets around 5-6" lift from what others say. i haven't done it myself.

• 1 month later...

Well we have begun to strip out the MJ. took the tranny and put is where it belong....in the trash. Kept the 231.

One thing we noticed when we took the engin out. it was stamped 94 on the block. don't know if prior persons ever did and engin swap, but how can I tell if I have the original and that 94 means something else.

Either way, I think the 94 is HO, how much issue will it be, when we go to rebuild that block.

I will post up picks of the tear down, once I get them loaded up.

Thanks for the input guys....I will be sure to mention the web site on the show.

Mike

PS what web site do you guys like to use for posting pics

Here are the pics that I promised, took so long because I am no computer savy...... :brows:

[/img]

some of the guys on the team what me to put a 4.7L, not sure if I want that kind of power in this little truck. I am sure it can take it, but for what most of us want it for, I think its and over kill.

It should be going to the paint shop in a week or two. I the engin should tranny and transfer case should be ready by the end of January.

Will Keep you all posted and thanks for all the tips and info.

Mike