MJ 350 swap

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you got the engine in yet? or even gotten into the wiring??

I've got a '93 XJ. 2wd, 2dr, 4cyl/5spd, 8.25(4.1) that i've already got the novak mounts and 350 sitting in and T-5, 5spd.

(just have to swap the tail to a S-10 mid-shifter to get it in the right position)

Doesn't look all that bad or complicated, or "expensive" at all, and really don't know how different the engine compartment and wiring is to a MJ? I'm staying 2wd. So, driveshaft and make a angled trans mount.

I had a 88 and EVERYTHING looked the same from what I remembered. (it's gone a while ago)

I've got several projects going on and have you looked at the AR-5 from a Colorado, Canyon? I'm going to get out in the shop and see if the bellhousing swaps over to the NV3550 (removable bellhousing from a Dakota) 
I'm using the 3550. But the bolt pattern to the trans body looks really close. The early and later 4.0 jeep bellhousing will swap to the 3550. But you have to decide if you want the internal or external slave. (not that expensive or big of a problem) Plus the bell bolts to the early AMC V8's!!