86 parts rig - Dana 44 and what is this bumper?

Not sure if this Comanche has been recorded on CC - anyone has an info let me know.

Picked up off Craigslist - '86 LB 4x4 2.5L 30/44 4.11 gears

Looks like this was a wheeler - front fenders are cut, the exhaust has been routed to come straight up through the bed right behind the cab.

Not really a straight panel on the whole truck and lot of rust.

PO says fresh gears in a 4.11 Dana 44 that came out of an 87 - primary reason for purchase.

Not sure about the rear bumper - don't think it is homemade looks pretty cool.

Not running, not sure am going to even attempt to get it running - everything looks like it is there but this one is for parts.

Anyone looking for anything specific to the 2.5 let me know.

86 Comanche.jpg

86 Rear bumper.jpg

Dana 44.jpg

Looks like it has a lot of parts worth saving. I believe @eaglescout526 is looking for a bellhousing for an 84-86 with a 2.5 and a manual.

If I were you, I'd take the parts off of it that you want and replace it with whatever extra parts that you have, then try to make it run and move and sell it. You could probably come out ahead on it then.

21 hours ago, Sir Sam said:

Doesn’t look terrible rusty on the underside of the cab is solid it would make a great 97+ swap starter. 

Floors are rough but repairable, rockers, cab corners all look good.

Agree it might be a good candidate for 97 swap - but if we are taking on a second MJ project, Wife wants a SB so am on the hunt for that.

Once the axle swap is done, will evaluate long-term plans for this one - got room to store it, but the inventory is up to 4 jeeps now (2 MJ 2 XJ) and there are only so many hours in the day....

23 hours ago, Sir Sam said:

Doesn’t look terrible rusty on the underside of the cab is solid it would make a great 97+ swap starter. 

Yes -- that truck is far to solid to be parted out. Remeber, they aren't making MJs any more. Parting out good, solid examples is sacrilege.

3 hours ago, 88towmanche said:

Floors are rough but repairable, rockers, cab corners all look good.

Agree it might be a good candidate for 97 swap - but if we are taking on a second MJ project, Wife wants a SB so am on the hunt for that.

Once the axle swap is done, will evaluate long-term plans for this one - got room to store it, but the inventory is up to 4 jeeps now (2 MJ 2 XJ) and there are only so many hours in the day....

I’d trade a SWB MJ that needs floors for a 2 door XJ...

33 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

I’d trade a SWB MJ that needs floors for a 2 door XJ...

I've got two of them an 88 & 89

One of the kids is in love with the 89 so that one is spoken for -  might be able to deal the black 88

4.0 5spd - stock Laredo package - think it has 130k on the clock.

WI is a long ways a way

xj passenger.jpg

30 minutes ago, 88towmanche said:

Passenger side straight as a string.

Driver side - damage to the rocker and rear quarter - nothing a hammer and quart of bondo can't fix.

Washington truck so no rust.

xj driver.jpg

If you want to work something out, I’d be happy to try to make a deal! My truck is from GA with an AZ bed. We are making it run right now. F2DE8F96-9189-4DCF-BC82-846DC8C0A414.jpeg.159c340172001d635edd54373999f38f.jpeg