How many

Aussiemj

10 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

I don't know of any MJs in Australia aside from yours. Take that with a grain of salt though.

look at the map :D   (edit: which I say and then see there's only coffman listed there.  there are a couple more.  you might need to run a search though)

20 minutes ago, Pete M said:

look at the map :D   (edit: which I say and then see there's only coffman listed there.  there are a couple more.  you might need to run a search though)

It would be nice if we could get everyone on the members map as they signed up. Would it be possible to sync the members map and the description that shows your location on the forum? (Or should I ask Alexia or Kryptonic this?)

those 2 are the most likely to have the answer.  I've got no idea of how much work it would entail.  :dunno:

2 thoughts:

very few people actually fill that info in. :doh:

you may be getting into the territory of "needing consent". 

7 minutes ago, Pete M said:

2 thoughts:

very few people actually fill that info in. :doh:

you may be getting into the territory of "needing consent". 

2 very good thoughts, per the usual, here are my thoughts. (Kinda getting off topic, whoops)

1. You have exceeded 30,000 posts.

2. I think more people fill out that info than fill out the members map.

3. What if, maybe, next to the members map, there was a section that was all online users that have been active in the last number of days, weeks, months, years, along with their general location (even just the state/province)? Would that still fall under the "need consent"?

1: holy crap that's a lot of typing  :doh:

2: no doubt.  although some people also fill it in with info that's not strictly a town/state

3: what I mean is, just because they put their city in their info (if you see the post, there's the city) doesn't necessarily mean that they want their name to be found when someone searches the map.  :dunno:  plus there would be a TON of members added to the map that no longer participate in CC.  doesn't our software already have a section for who's been online lately?  or is that just for who is online right now?

11 minutes ago, Pete M said:

3: what I mean is, just because they put their city in their info (if you see the post, there's the city) doesn't necessarily mean that they want their name to be found when someone searches the map.  :dunno:  plus there would be a TON of members added to the map that no longer participate in CC.  doesn't our software already have a section for who's been online lately?  or is that just for who is online right now?

I've looked at it. Most of it goes over my head, plus it includes a lot of guests.

• 11 months later...

I know this thread is a bit old but @AussieMJ your about to be one of 3 that are known as I'm moving to Sydney Australia next summer if COVID doesn't get in the way and we get delayed again.  I pick it up on Friday (Sat morning there) and I think I'm going to try to keep it as stock as possible till it arrives.  I'm going to have to hit you up for all the shipping and registration details.  I'm a big XJ guy with multiple XJs so I'm liquidating my XJ parts except for what I can use on the MJ that are practical to ship.  I know about the 89 rule and that they aren't sold there so I purposely am bringing an MJ for that purpose.  I'll post pics after I pick her up.