Currie vs metalcloak coils

Opinions please.....as the title states looking into currie/savvy 4" tj progressive coils or the metalcloak 3.5" dual rate coils. Keeping the mj simple for now, will mostly be used on desert roads and two tracks that have washboards, i like to travel these roads at a decent rate of speed 50mph+. Plan on matching them with a set of bilstein 5100 or similar shocks, as well as adjustable arms, and SYE.

I have been looking at the metalcloak dual rate coils they look great, just not sure how they work. 

Also a note tj coils will produce anywhere from  .5-1" less lift on an xj than stated. Generally it is said that its about 1" less.

For further reference fill out your signature with specs of your truck. If you search around you will find some desert runner type builds and I'm sure they will be able to help answer more questions.

On 10/19/2020 at 12:49 PM, 92manche said:

Opinions please.....as the title states looking into currie/savvy 4" tj progressive coils or the metalcloak 3.5" dual rate coils. Keeping the mj simple for now, will mostly be used on desert roads and two tracks that have washboards, i like to travel these roads at a decent rate of speed 50mph+. Plan on matching them with a set of bilstein 5100 or similar shocks, as well as adjustable arms, and SYE.

how much lift will those TJ coils give you?

On 10/28/2020 at 10:31 AM, Pete M said:

how much lift will those TJ coils give you?

The tj coils are supposed to give right around 1" less than listed. I jumped over to some of the wrangler pages and saw guys reporting 4-4.5 inches so I'd say 3-3.5 on an mj

On 10/26/2020 at 9:43 AM, Swampy said:

I have been looking at the metalcloak dual rate coils they look great, just not sure how they work. 

Also a note tj coils will produce anywhere from  .5-1" less lift on an xj than stated. Generally it is said that its about 1" less.

For further reference fill out your signature with specs of your truck. If you search around you will find some desert runner type builds and I'm sure they will be able to help answer more questions.

how do I fill out a sig?

On 10/30/2020 at 8:02 PM, jdog said:

awesome thanks! I'm still on the fence about coils, some say the metalcloak dual rates coil bind at the top almost instantly which will take out the soft ride. Still thinking the currie progressive rates