1JTMP65F4HT069411

Potent68

Greetings Comanche crew.  My son's been driving his Comanche for a few years now and was wondering if it's possible to get a build sheet.  I found the FCA VIN tool but naturally that doesn't go this far back.  Is there anyone here who can decode the VIN and provide me a build sheet, or point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Nope. No one on here can help ya. Lol

*X1  
-H9  
3LQ  
APA MONOTONE PAINT PACKAGE
AWJ Visibility Group
CBA BENCH SEAT - STRAIGHT BK
CGX Head Restraints-Outboard Seating, RR
DGW Transmission - 4-Spd. Automatic
DMR 3.55 Axle Ratio
ERB ENGINE - 4.0L I6 MPI GAS
GAC ALL WINDOWS - TINTED GLASS
GEC Window - Left Side, Front, Sliding
GFD SLIDING RR WINDOW
GTZ MIRRORS - MANUAL REMOTE
HCC HEATER W/UPR LEVEL VENTIL - TYPE II
JHA WINDSHIELD WIPERS - DELUXE
JJA CIGAR LIGHTER - FRT COMP
LMA HALOGEN HEADLAMPS
MBJ Bumper - Front, Black
MDA FRT LICENSE PLATE ATTACH REQUIRED
NAA ESA W/CATALYST (EXC CALIF SYSTEM)
NFA TANK - 18 GAL FUEL
NHB HVY DTY/AUX TRANS OIL COOLER
NMB ENGINE COOLING - STANDARD DUTY
PXB  
QXB  
SBA POWER STEERING
SUA TILT STEERING COLUMN
TBG SPARE TIRE - COMPACT
TBL TIRE CARRIER - INSIDE
WJD WHEELS - 15 X 7.0 STYLED STEEL
Z1B

GVW/PAYLOAD RATING

Build date 12/4/86

Body code JL62

No problem at all! What do you mean by resto? We all swear by OEM on here due to aftermarket stuff being crap and flimsy when it comes to body parts. But theres a lot on here that youll learn about these unique trucks. Biggest thing is everything from the door ends to the rear bumper are MJ specific. 

I have found some nicer oem parts, my main concern currently is interior. I’ll go to body and paint far down the road. But the plastic retainers have ripped out of my door panels and I no longer have the original speaker covers as well. Anything at all as far as places to look would be appreciated. Hard to find anything local.

I'm the son potent68 talks of lol

Junk yards, and 34201681 is the part number for the door panel clips. I currently hunt down any NOS parts sitting on dealer shelves and turn around and sell them. I have some door speaker grills, a charcoal and I think one honey one left. They can be painted to match your interior color. Otherwise MJ interior themselves are getting harder to find. Just about the dash and door panels is all the MJ and XJ have in common. 

11 hours ago, AbstractFears said:

I have found some nicer oem parts, my main concern currently is interior. I’ll go to body and paint far down the road. But the plastic retainers have ripped out of my door panels and I no longer have the original speaker covers as well. Anything at all as far as places to look would be appreciated. Hard to find anything local.

I'm the son potent68 talks of lol

is the truck black?

On 10/15/2020 at 11:52 AM, Pete M said:

yeah, then ignore the paint color. :L:   the code should be correct though.  it just now applies to both your white, and some other Chrysler vehicle's black.  :doh:

or a repaint

• 3 months later...