SRT Experence

TNT

Sunday is going to be a fun day for me. I'm going to Road America for the SRT experence put on by the Ricard Petty driving school. I get to go beat on all the Mopar SRT models. 8)

I'm looking forward to beating on the Viper, Charger and the Grand Cherokee. All of them will be a blast. :brows:

Drive them like I stole them is my plan. I'm pumped and can't wait... jamminz.gif

I just got back a little while ago.

Man it was fawkin awesome jamminz.gif

The first module was autocross in the SRT-8 Jeep. I ran a 30.74 second time which was the fastest time. It was clean with no cones down and was .48 seconds faster then the instuctor. 8)

Next up was advanced driving skills in a SRT-10 Viper on a larger autocross course. We had to practice controlling understeer and oversteer. I was drifting the Viper on my first lap of the six laps we got. I just kept spending more time sideways every lamp and only blew threw one corner and almost spun it.

The hotlaps with the instructor driving was wild. :brows:

After that we drag raced on a 1/8 mile track with the SRT-6 Crossfire and the SRT-8 Jeep, Charger, Magnum and the 300M. They had 2 of each model to race against each other. It was sweet. I red lighted once, won six races and lose three. After that we got about 10 more runs racing the different models against each other. The Jeep was the fastest one. :D

Then it was track time. We got to use the Crossfire, Charger, Magnum and the 300M. I got to do 16 laps and hit 140 on the back straight. Too bad the pace car wouldn't go faster... I couldn't fit in the Crossfire with a helmet on thou... :roll: It was pretty wild.

Nothing compared to the hot laps with the pro drivers. I got 2 rides in the Viper with a top speed of about 165mph. The turns were just insane. ;) I got one hot lap in the Jeep and all I can say is WOW. :chillin:

At the closing meeting we review the day, found out we will be getting a DVD of the day including in car and forward facing cameras and gauge readings for the track laps. To bad I only got one car with the cameras in it.

Then the awards were given out. For running the fastest autocross time I won a Richard Petty ride along in a Nascar

That was a surpise that is wayyy cool!!! jamminz.gif

It was a fawking blast!!! 8)

My cellphone takes pictures, but I must have broke it when I dropped it. Now the screen inside doesn't work so I can't navagate. I'm getting a new one later this week. I got a bussiness card from Russ who was taking pictures and said I can get copies. I'll send him an e-mail in a a couple of days to get them. He flew out from New York because this was the track he wanted to run.

It's a wild 4 mile road course that is rated as one of the best. I'm still pumped.

Besides that no cellphones were supposed to be turned on according to the rules. :roll:

I will say this day was very hard on my neck thou. I have a 4 level fusion done on my neck and I'm hurting pretty bad right now. And thats after the pain pills I took when I got home...

I'm almost thinking about not doing the Petty ride along unless they have collars or a hans device the use. I know I need to wear a complete fire suit and was told if they know about my neck I can't go. If I do go my neck won't be mentioned.

At least I go to see my back doctor in the morning and get X-rays of my neck for my 2 year check-up. He also wants to find out how my other degenerated discs are doing.