Vacuum Leak?

Its been a hot minute since I posted a question here. I replaced my fuel pump a few months ago, and after verifying that I have fuel pressure, I tried to get the truck running. It hadn't ran in a year or so, so I knew it would take a little persuading to get it going. After 15 minutes of playing with it, we got it running mostly fine, and I took it on a short test drive. When I tried to start it the next day, it didn't want to start easily, and when it did start, it idled very rough, would bog down, and just die out. It has been a few months since then and I haven't run it since. I am fairly confident that it is a vacuum issue. A previous owner seems to have bypassed the vacuum harness thing where all the vacuum lines run through, but it ran fine with that bypass. I just wanted to know if this is a fairly common issue, and if it was, how hard it was to find parts. Any info helps. Thanks. 

On 7/31/2020 at 7:37 PM, JMO413 said:

The harness is available aftermarket.

http://cruiser54.com/?p=121

This link has all the info.

http://cruiser54.com/?p=280

This link is for the MAP sensor vacuum line.

I actually managed to find them on Amazon a little bit after I posted this. I had no idea it was two separate parts, and had been searching the wrong thing the whole time. They should arrive in a day or so. Thanks for the input.

That is also a very good chance. I am doing the vacuum connector because the entire system has been a victim of redneck engineering. I am getting a new fuel filter as well and will get some good gas in it.Thanks for the info.

On 8/1/2020 at 8:21 AM, cruiser54 said:

Also, get a wrench or socket on all the intake manifold bolts and make sure they're not loosened up.

I actually haven't thought about the valve cover or the intake manifold having leaks. I'll definitely make sure those are snugged up and make sure the seals are good. Thanks for the info.