Ax15 Pilot Bearing Question

Hey y'all,

I'm currently deep into doing the ba10/5 to ax15 swap and realized the pilot bearing in the kit does not fit right into the crankshaft. Can someone point me in the right direction and confirm this. Would a 74 Cj 304 pilot bushing work for me? My transmission input shaft is about 0.75 inches for the tip diameter. Thanks in advance.  :)

Yeah depends on year trans with shift size, I did simular swap with 87 4.0 and a 94 ax15 I had to have a bronze bushing made at a local machine shop. Like $40 it cost, not bad I thought. But this probably not be issue if have a newer trans. Just verify current crank ID and current trans OD to ensure bushing specs needed. Mics please!

Hey guys,

Appreciate the answers for my question. I was able to get one from the local auto parts store and noticed its longer than the ba10/5 that i removed. Just was wondering if anyone else noticed this and has advice about if i need to cut it down to the same height or not.  I just trying to think ahead with future clutch replacements when i go to replace it if the extra length would cause trouble removing it.

Photo below Left Cj bushing Middle Ba10/5 bearing Right Ax15 pilot bearing from clutch kit.

Thanks for the help.

IMG_20200701_201043052.jpg.1a128b11c0863e809bec678b51f31e0b.jpg