Wanted Jeep Comanche 4.0 HO manual 5 speed short bed

Claude

FYI - The ‘91 and ‘92 Comanches are very hard to come by. These would be the only original HO versions of the 4.0. 

‘86-‘90 are somewhat more plentiful as production numbers were higher in these years. ‘87-‘90 are the years that the 4.0L (Renix) are available in stock configuration. 

Also FYI - Our trucks are getting harder to find each day. To get the truck you want you’ll probably be needing to travel quite a distance and surely pay the market value or a bit more for it. If you are lucky enough to find one for less than $1000, you’ll be super lucky if it is a ‘91 or ‘92! 

Facebook Marketplace seems to be a good place to locate them these days. Good Luck! 

Thanks a lot for your information.

Yes I know that the HO are hard to find because only build for 2 years.

What does it mean 4.0L (Renix)?

I heard already a few times Renix but no idea what it is.

I'm from Europe, so much more difficult to find one.

Probably I will first see it in Europe when it arrives.

A normal 4.0L would also make it when I will not find a HO one.

‘87-‘90 are the years that the 4.0L non-HO came from the factory in the trucks. 

Many folks do take these trucks and upgrade them to 4.0 HO or swap the motor for a larger one. 

Your first post requests that the truck be “original”. If you get a truck from ‘87-‘90 with an HO motor, regrettably it is not “original”. 

I have owned both. Yes the HO is nicer as the electronics are quite a bit better. Other than that, virtually no difference in "feel" when driving them. 

If you really want that extra 13HP you can swap to an HO head, exhaust, and better injectors and you will be right about there. 

I understand what you mean but I'm from Europe and here they don't accept any swap for registration.

They just accept original trucks here as they don't know anything about it.

They open the boocks and it must be the same otherwise no registration.

:-(