Went to junkyard and this is what I found

CPH-0628

I didn't snag anything, well, except for my clothes on all the brier bushes...lol.  I may go back for the front axle, even though it's the wrong gear ratio.  I can use the spline shafts and axles, depending on the price.  I asked about hoods and he said around $100.

I will post additional photos here in a minute.

I'm on the hunt for any info that might be able to verify that 3.73 was ever offered in an MJ from the factory (so far things say that it wasn't).  if you go back, be sure to verify the front ratio (by inspecting the gears themselves) before buying and then if it does pan out to be 3.73, please try to poke around at the rear axle to see if maybe it was an XJ axle that was installed in the MJ post-factory. look for any evidence of XJ shock mounts or perches previously welded to the axle in the XJ locations.

In that yard, I asked him if I bought a front axle, what their process was. He said they would drop the axle and give it to me. Where the jeeps are sitting, the briers are taller than they are. So it's kind of hard to see anything. However, if I get a chance, I will see what I can find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk