Quick. question

lol i actually dug out the bulb tester and figured it out.

I got the cruise setup in the truck...but it doesnt work.

I think it's just a bad connected for the power supply.

That and instead of tying the backlight for the controls into the dash lights I spliced it in with the right blinker light dash arrow. I'm a genius!

I don't know if it was completely required for this aftermarket cruise setup, but it runs off the VSS signal and Tach signal to operate smoother. It's also capable of running JUST off the Tach for the cruise.

http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-CCS100-U ... 784&sr=8-1

Installation was actually very easy, only had to drill two holes under the hood to mount the vacuum actuator. Works very well, and not too bad if you can't get ahold of a stock cruise setup.

I don't know if it was completely required for this aftermarket cruise setup, but it runs off the VSS signal and Tach signal to operate smoother. It's also capable of running JUST off the Tach for the cruise.

http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-CCS100-U ... 784&sr=8-1

Installation was actually very easy, only had to drill two holes under the hood to mount the vacuum actuator. Works very well, and not too bad if you can't get ahold of a stock cruise setup.

Tacky.

Audiovox also makes (or "made," as of 12 years ago) a model that uses an OEM clone turn signal stalk for the control, just like the factory units. I have one in my '88 XJ. It worked great for ten years, then the plastic housing for the drive adapter at the transfer case broke and left me with no speedo. Removing the adapter and reverting to the speedo cable going directly to the quill got the speedo back, but obviously no more cruise control. I keep meaning to contact Audiovox about a replacement adapter, but I necer remember during the day when I'm near a phone.

wow impressive... ill have to get one for my K10 how long was installation and shipping?

It arrived almost a full week ahead of the scheduled shipping time, it was shipped UPS, so that was surprising.

I installed it in about 4 hours...it looks like a lot, cause it comes with hardware and adapters to go in pretty much any kind of vehicle, so you don't use most of it.

You'll have to use the magnet kit it comes with if you're putting it in your J10. Dunno how easy that is, I have an electronic speedo so I didn't have to use it.

Tacky.

Audiovox also makes (or "made," as of 12 years ago) a model that uses an OEM clone turn signal stalk for the control, just like the factory units. I have one in my '88 XJ. It worked great for ten years, then the plastic housing for the drive adapter at the transfer case broke and left me with no speedo. Removing the adapter and reverting to the speedo cable going directly to the quill got the speedo back, but obviously no more cruise control. I keep meaning to contact Audiovox about a replacement adapter, but I necer remember during the day when I'm near a phone.

Eagle

Eagle;

If you ever find an answer to this from Audiovox I'd be very interested in adapting the Audiovox clone GM-type stalk for use with their kit. Don't like the dash-mounted activation switch either. I did find this:

http://www.etaag.com/subcat36.htm

But no pics and poor descriptions, ?? BTW, was the cruise kit you had electronic or vacuum? Assume electronic? Thanks