Alright Jeep guys, have you guys ever bought a Fuel Tank for your Comanche? If so, have you ever replaced the fuel pump? 
I have a 1990 Jeep Comanche with 4.0 I’m replacing the fuel tank and fuel pump but cannot find the correct fuel pump. Ordered from rock auto and advanced auto but I keep getting a Cherokee fuel pump

any ideas?

For a tank I have used Spectra JP5A or JP5B, can't remember which one. One of them has the baffle in the bottom and one does not. I ordered both through Oriellys and kept the one I wanted.

Technically you can still get the correct fuel pump. What you are talking about is the entire fuel pump & fuel sender combo. Four options here, as I see it:

1. Buy the tank without the baffle in it, and use the Cherokee sending unit. No problems there, unless fuel slosh becomes an issue
  2. Buy the tank with the baffle and get the fuel pump only. Retrofit the pump into your current sending unit. Check the thread out HERE.
  3. Buy the tank with the baffle and get the fuel pump & sender unit that is Comanche correct from MTS Company. Check the thread out HERE.
  4. Go full custom and do something else awesome. That is the route I went. Personally I got tired of pulling the fuel tank because of crappy replacement pumps so I redid EVERYTHING and went with an external pump. Some like it, some hate it. 

Do what works best for you and your wallet.

Unfortunately, you just missed the ones for sale on Rockauto, they had both a tank and a full sending unit for sale. I would check eBay, the company I was was going to buy one out of had a messup and wouldn’t have them in until early June, so right about now. I believe they were under “Radsusa” “rads” being short for radiators. 

Hope this helps

13 hours ago, Limeyjeeper said:

Rockauto.com. $46

Bad part is I need the whole assembly. My fuel tank was all rusted and nasty because it sat for years and my sending unit is garbage as well. There was no saving it