'86 MJ 2.5L ECM....good?

Just now, eaglescout526 said:

Hmmmmm, well what the pic is from the book is probably what you would see if you tore out the fuse box and were looking at that head on. So my guess is is that some of the prongs on the engine side are probably shared by two smaller clips on the otherside, say if it was a power or ground wire. But that's the only pic the 86 electrical manual gives of C100

Well that's weird because C4 doesn't have a prong for me.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, eaglescout526 said:

That's exactly why I think it is for the inside view under the dash. But theres no way to find the orange wire to the connector is there?

I mean, the orange wire could be connected to that void? Or no? I honestly have no idea.

9 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

I honestly have no idea. But it should be one of the few prongs with power when you jump the relay.

Okay, so for all intents and purposes, let's split C-100 in half as Left and Right.

Looking at my connector in the picture, the right connector block's first prong in the upper left corner with be notated as R_1, followed by R_2 next in line, and so on, moving left to right, top to bottom. With that said, R_7 is only one with battery voltage, and R_5 was 0.25V. The only notable occurrences were R_2 and R_4 showing erratic voltage readout, but mostly erratic in mV, so who cares, yeah?

IMG_20200508_153419.jpg

7 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

Isn't R = A. May have some tar on it.

I was just using that as a simple annotation since I didn't know the proper terminology. 

Regardless, I'm assuming the only battery voltage prong is the FP?

34 minutes ago, SoCalManche said:

I mean, the orange wire could be connected to that void? Or no? I honestly have no idea.

Follow orange. Can't be too many orange wires at C100. We know it passes through because we have voltage at fuel pump motor.

So including the bypassed relay, 4 should have power. I would not bypass the relay right now and find the 3 that have power so it makes finding the bypassed wire easier.

Alright. Now I have to just verify how accurate the diagram is to my connector.

Ok so you found the three that are hot. Now the fourth one shall become hot when you put in the jumper. Leaving the relay in while finding the first three was fine. Once the fourth one is found we need to see how many volts are getting there.

Ok so you found the three that are hot. Now the fourth one shall become hot when you put in the jumper. Leaving the relay in while finding the first three was fine. Once the fourth one is found we need to see how many volts are getting there.

Haha, sorry. I was kind of talking out loud about needing to find three. I haven't found that. I just wanted to know if I needed to check with or without relay in socket. And you gave me the answer accidentally! I'll report back briefly.