What are these parts I pulled from the junkyard?

One of the nearby junkyards got a 1990 Comanche in last week so I went down this morning to pull what I could. Unfortunately, someone beat me to it and got all the good stuff. I looked around and found 4(!) renix era Cherokees to grab from and got these two parts that I am not sure what they are for.

IMG_20200403_124407.jpg.5b9114d518431ba82e6f447938c68587.jpg

I found this yellow box on the floor of an ~87 or 88 Cherokee. It has a few adjusting ports labeled sensitivity, speed, and centering. Cruise control computer or something else? 

IMG_20200403_125756.jpg.8cd027d56e598df3410a7c2dd3a9e7db.jpg

I also found this overhead console looking part on the headliner of another Cherokee. What would have been mounted in it? Nothing was inside it at the junkyard and I figured it could be a good place to add an auxiliary switch.

Re: cruise control box.

You should go back and grab the short speedo cable that come out of the cluster and connects to the rev-counter.  This part is hard to find and no longer available.

If you want to add cruise control, you could grab all the wires and components: wire harness, rev counter, brake switch, clutch pedal vacuum switch (if manual), the "thingy" on the firewall that controls the throttle, the "football size" vacuum bottle (behind the front bumper), and all vacuum lines

Re: cruise control box.

You should go back and grab the short speedo cable that come out of the cluster and connects to the rev-counter.  This part is hard to find and no longer available.

If you want to add cruise control, you could grab all the wires and components: wire harness, rev counter, brake switch, clutch pedal vacuum switch (if manual), the "thingy" on the firewall that controls the throttle, the "football size" vacuum bottle (behind the front bumper), and all vacuum lines
Oops. I canned all my cruise stuff because it didnt work.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk