What rear is this? pics...

D35 sorry

and that ball is for an arm that connects to the load sensoning valve....it should be up above that with another ball on a swinging arm

D35 crap?? I don't need a darn tooting load sensoning value!!!!!!!!! .... ...................................................................................................................

ummmm... DO I ?????????

No...most just swap in a XJ proportioning valve and eliminate it totally...i have my "arm" just wired in the up position...i lost my "arm" about 6mnths after i bought mine...

The D35 isnt bad while using it carefully in stock form :roll: but anything "hard" and it may be upgrade time :D

No...most just swap in a XJ proportioning valve and eliminate it totally...i have my "arm" just wired in the up position...i lost my "arm" about 6mnths after i bought mine...

The D35 isnt bad while using it carefully in stock form :roll: but anything "hard" and it may be upgrade time :D

does that load sensor have something to do with brakes?

haha, yeah man... its SUPPOSED to send more pressure to the rears when loaded... most of htem don't work.. i lost my rod for about a year, then found one in a JY and picked it for 2 bucks, haven't noticed any difference. mine's probably trash

haha, yeah man... its SUPPOSED to send more pressure to the rears when loaded... most of htem don't work.. i lost my rod for about a year, then found one in a JY and picked it for 2 bucks, haven't noticed any difference. mine's probably trash

I'm having a problem with my brakes I wonder if this value has something to do with that...

That's a D35. Definitely NOT a Chrysler 8-1/4".

Without the connecting rod, you have no way of knowing if the load/height sensing proportioning valve is set to allow maximum or minimum pressure to the rear brakes. The procedure to recalibrate it requires, in addition to a rod of the correct length, a replacement spring that isn't available. Personally, having exploded the proportioning valve in my '88 in a panic stop, I don't trust them. I have eliminated the one that blew up (no choice!), and I will also eliminate them from all my other MJs as time permits. I can live with too much rear brakes. I cannot tolerate no rear brakes.

• 2 weeks later...