1988 Long Bed RWD Stock

I'm glad i don't have to do that yet when i convert mine I'm going to line the floors and ditch the carpet so glad these 2bys came with a punch out for transfer case linkage guess i could just leave the stuff but the lined ones iv seen are pretty sweet I'm going to pay for the good stuff to get put in though the rubber will rust you out in the future 

Good thing I double checked on that. And I'm right there with ya, no carpets for me I wanna see my beautiful new floors. Didn't expect the paint to be so bright but I'm kinda into it b3cf570ddf94b83d38fd6b0313f3f455.jpg

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! It rained like crazy overnight and I had puddles of water on both sides of the floor, looks like it's time to re seal the cab. Any seals in particular that are prone to fail? I don't believe anyone has changed out any of the seals or gaskets so they're probably all bad

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Any hole in the cab is suspect. HVAC gaskets (3 of them), wiring harness bulkhead connector, antenna grommet, front and rear windshields, anything that passes into the body of the truck can and has leaked water into the cab for somebody.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 7:34 AM, Gat'79 said:

2wd, rust problems = new truck.

Why anyone would invest in 2WD (Automatic) Jeep is beyond me; Jeep and 4x4 is synonymous.

Must be a lot beyond you? 

Nothing wrong with s basic truck, especially if you're fortunate enough that it has the support of a yuuuuge jeep community.  

Digging my 2x auto, 4.0

Hauls what i need it to, doesn't waste my time on trails/ in mud, doesn't set my wallet on fire... well, yet.  4x is rock bottom of my mod list though.

Does anyone know of a good supplier for the weatherproofing gaskets? Ive been looking around and i can't seem to find anyone who sells them (besides door weatherstripping). I don't want to go to the JY and get a used gasket that will be toast in a year, id love new ones if its even possible, I believe it's the C100 gasket and the smokers window seals specifically.

• 3 months later...

Wow it's been a while since I posted any updates. I got "new" 97+ mirrors, got rid of the leaky and latch-less vent mirrors (thanks Satirical Hen), and got new outer window seals from quadratec for like 8 bucks a piece.

1595703867584566549458292427489.jpg

I also finally found some 2 door cherokee buckets that just happened to have the rocking chair feature and picked em up for 50 bucks. They were blue so, go Broncos! And I got a beautiful NOS console from RedMistress (thanks again!). With the new buckets and the console it is the comfiest vehicle I've ever driven

15957040414154424889703499124293.jpg

On 4/13/2020 at 10:07 AM, Aidan said:

Does anyone know of a good supplier for the weatherproofing gaskets? Ive been looking around and i can't seem to find anyone who sells them (besides door weatherstripping). I don't want to go to the JY and get a used gasket that will be toast in a year, id love new ones if its even possible, I believe it's the C100 gasket and the smokers window seals specifically.

you should ask that in teh Tech forum so more eyes will see it. :L:  not everyone reads the builds on a regular basis.