1JTHS6619GT043095

happyjeep

1JTHS6619GT043095

1986 Jeep Comanche Custom 4x2 LWB

Olympic White exterior/Medium Blue Interior

AMC AM radio with 2 front dash mounted speakers, manual steering with 2 spoke black plastic steering wheel, California emissions, Argent Steel Wheel.

AMC 2.5 liter OHV 4 cylinder with Throttle Body Injection or TBI

Aisin Warner AX-4 4 Speed Manual transmission with extension (2 wheel drive only)

AMC type 1 built in hub - front disc detachable

AMC Dana 44 rear drive axle

September 1985, Toledo Parkway Plant in Toledo, Ohio

Los Angeles, California 

In process of being repaired and ground up restoration.   It’ll be used only for Car Collector shows and my High School Reunions.

Notes:

Personally rebuilt AMC 2.5 TBI 4 cylinder engine, Power Steering added, personally rebuilt and installed Aisin Warner AX-5  5 Speed manual transmission with extension (2 wheel drive only), Digital Clock, AMC AM/FM Cassette with DNR, tilt steering column with intermittent wiper switch, 3 spoke style steering wheel, openable wing windows, dual remote mirrors, black interior with Celtic Vinyl bench seat, cloth headliner and cloth visors with vanity mirrors and 15x7 aluminum alloy wheels.

46FE6C02-68DD-48BF-B238-E1163DBA5B37.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Build Date 9/11/85

Body Model Tl62

*ZZ TRIM STYLE ZZ - PLASTIC BUCKET SEAT
-ZZ  
CGX Head Restraints-Outboard Seating, RR
DCB Transmission - 4-Speed Manual,T3340
EPD ENGINE - 2.5L I4 TBI GAS
GSC MIRROR - RIGHT BLACK
HCC HEATER W/UPR LEVEL VENTIL - TYPE II
JJA CIGAR LIGHTER - FRT COMP
LMA HALOGEN HEADLAMPS
MDA FRT LICENSE PLATE ATTACH REQUIRED

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

another tiny build sheet. :(  I understand the codes reused by chrysler, but come on Jeep, where are the rest of the codes?!

My thoughts exactly not much there but I want to post them all just so we can see.

Just now, Pete M said:

some is always better than nothing. :(  my favorite is still the birthday :D 

Mine too! Someday I would like to put them all in a spread sheet just to get an idea of what's in the registry. Someday when I'm not working on a Jeep and have a computer that moves faster than a snail.

3 minutes ago, JMO413 said:

Mine too! Someday I would like to put them all in a spread sheet just to get an idea of what's in the registry. Someday when I'm not working on a Jeep and have a computer that moves faster than a snail.

I upgraded my laptop to one that's older than the last.  Just a boring HP elitebook.  it's all about finding the right boring brick.  :D  3ghz and an ssd drive for under 2 of the big bills

10 hours ago, Pete M said:

I upgraded my laptop to one that's older than the last.  Just a boring HP elitebook.  it's all about finding the right boring brick.  :D  3ghz and an ssd drive for under 2 of the big bills

Nice I may have to look into that route 

• 2 years later...

1986 Jeep Comanche Custom 4x2 119.6 Wheelbase; Exterior Color - Olympic White/Interior - Medium Blue

AMC TBI 2.5 4 cylinder, Aisin Warner (Toyota)

AX-4 4 speed Manual and AMC rear axle.  Drive train has always been a 2wd.  

Final Assembly:  Old Parkway Plant Toledo, Ohio September 1985

Current Location:  Palm Springs, California 

Status:  Project awaiting full off frame complete restoration.  Currently, mechanically good condition and currently registered.   

Notes:  Originally standard equipped with mentioned drive train shown above.  Interior featured medium blue color, Celtic vinyl bench seat, am radio with 2 front bottom dash speakers, basic cluster gauge Fuel and Speedometer and dummy lights, manual steering and fixed column with 2 spoke style steering wheel, fixed wing windows, argent steel wheels without trim rings and doughnut spare tire.  

Currently equipped with Aisin AX-5 5 speed manual transmission and power steering was added.  Interior now black with vinyl bench seat, AM/FM Cassette with DNR(Dynamic Noise Reduction) with 4 speakers, semi full cluster gauges without Tachometer, tilt steering column with intermittent wiper switch and 3 spoke style steel steering wheel, adjustable wing windows, cloth black headliner with cloth visors and right visor has vanity mirror and inop light switch, sport aluminum wheels and argent style steel wheel with matching P215/75 15 inch tire as a spare. 

Original owner was a painter and bought it new somewhere in Los Angeles or Orange County.  It was used as a work truck.  May have been in an accident numerous times.  Second owner was going to use it for his landscaping business.  He also planned to switch the 4 speed manual to an automatic, but he was under budget.  I’m the 3rd owner and bought the Comanche as my first car on December 23, 1995.  I was a college student.  I still own it and it’s currently good running condition and I’m planning to restore it for my high school reunion and for future classic car shows.  I’m also a member of the Great Autos of Yesteryear.  

201C5704-8BFD-4FE9-835A-1979434691A2.jpeg

793B28BF-B922-4D4E-A656-58432C8FF72B.jpeg

A2F1E2B8-6D3F-4D3B-B328-A3D25E939272.jpeg

DCA7953E-BDE7-42C4-A8DC-67827119B503.jpeg

*ZZ  
-ZZ  
CGX Head Restraints-Outboard Seating, RR
DCB Transmission - 4-Speed Manual
EPD ENGINE - 2.5L I4 TBI GAS
GSC MIRROR - RIGHT BLACK
HCC HEATER W/UPR LEVEL VENTIL - TYPE II
JJA CIGAR LIGHTER - FRT COMP