WTB: Charcoal Leather Seats

Minuit

Ok folks, this is a big one.

I am seeking a good condition pair of the following seats, Charcoal color only, this style only.

3081819_13_full.jpg.2312441f4c9a90a59fee08adf376ce5d.jpg

These are standard on 1988 through 1992 XJ Limited (possibly optional on some years of Laredo), and optional on 1993 and 1994 XJ Country. I will pay handsomely for the right example in the right condition in the right place. Seats from ZJs and later model XJs may look similar, but they aren't what I need.

I do not need the frames, foam, or power bases - only the upholstery. I can show you how to disassemble the seats. If you are willing to remove the covers from the seats and ship only the covers, I will pay you what you wanted for the complete seat plus any extra for your time to remove the covers. I would rather pay shipping than drive long distance for these.

To my knowledge, these were largely only offered in 4 door XJs, and that is fine. Part numbers exist for the two door seats, but I've never seen them in person.

I do not necessarily need a driver and a passenger set. Two passenger sides is ok, as is two driver sides (unlikely as it may be). I don't care, as long as the upholstery is in good shape. As of right now, I need to assemble the full set of upholstery. That's two backrest covers, two butt cushion covers, and two headrest covers.

I'm open to trades as well. I have a lot of stuff, including some rare stuff.

The better the condition, the more I'm willing to pay you. Some wear is ok up to a point, but there can not be any tears. If you have a complete seat, I do not care about anything except the condition of the upholstery. Even better if the cushions are collapsed and very uncomfortable, as long as the leather is ok.

I am willing to be patient on this. I've been waiting for six years for the right set to appear so far, so a little more can't hurt.

On 2/3/2020 at 9:58 PM, Minuit said:

Seats from ZJs and later model XJs may look similar, but they aren't what I need.

you are correct about that. :L: I went out to check my 95 XJ seat and they are incredibly close, but NOT the same.  good eye!

• 2 weeks later...

My brother has these in his 91 xj but the previous owner trashed them, he did his best to reshape the padding and got nice aftermarket covers.. sad. They are great seats and i wish that guy woulda took better care.. the xj itself was in great shape

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...