Planned Junkyard Visit 1-31-20

500 MJ

I'm planning to visit a junkyard that I have not been to yet on Friday of this week. I called them up a few times and they never have thought that they have any MJs there. They have always said that they have lots of XJs. For this reason I've never gone there, but I'm getting the itch to walk a junkyard and Friday is my day to explore this one. 

If anyone needs anything specific, post it up here or private message me and I'll keep an eye out for it. Also - prices you are willing to pay for the item will help me decide whether to take it/leave it. I'm only taking hand tools I can walk with, so I'm not pulling anything I can't carry out. There is snow here and temps are in the high 30's, great conditions to walk and explore a yard. 

I know some guys don't get the chance because of work/life/kids to visit yards and I want to offer up any help that I can...

Thanks!

I need a non-Jeep part, if you're willing to look for it (and if the yard has any later model vehicles).  Rear passenger side taillight assembly for a 2014 Dodge Caravan.  My yards don't have any caravans in right now, otherwise I'd go snag one myself.

It's actually for my father in law, not me directly.  He backed his van into the side of the house and cracked the light a couple weeks ago....MIL called asking if I could find him one.  She knows how much I love junkyards, LOL.

If you can't, no  biggie.  I'll end up getting one from here, eventually.

I'd jump on Grand caravan needs as well if you are willing to look.  I need the matte black door trim for the passenger front door that runs up the b-pillar side.  Can come off of a '08-'19 grand caravan or an '08-'16 Town and Country.  I believe it's got a screw at the top and it needs to slide up to come out of the slot at the bottom.

I'd pay anything less than $30 shipped to 50054.

Screenshot_20200129-124845.png

30 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

I'd jump on Grand caravan needs as well if you are willing to look.  I need the matte black door trim for the passenger front door that runs up the b-pillar side.  Can come off of a '08-'19 grand caravan or an '08-'16 Town and Country.  I believe it's got a screw at the top and it needs to slide up to come out of the slot at the bottom.

I'd pay anything less than $30 shipped to 50054.

Screenshot_20200129-124845.png

If only I could show you how often we sell these damn appliqués 

10 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

If only I could show you how often we sell these damn appliqués 

Bought an '18 and within a month it fell off.  I found them for $80+ and just recently found one for $45 but really don't want to spend that much on a stupid piece of plastic.  This must be a common problem then?

Oh yeah. It’s very common. We probably stock about 10 of each side for the smaller one. The bigger one we stock about 5 and those usually get sold to a service RO. When I worked in shipping people were always buying those things from our website. They just fly off when they are driving. Chrysler should’ve learned from AMC and did the same thing as to how our vent covers are clipped on. 

No dice on the Grand Caravan items. The third yard I went to today had ONE 2008 and it was well picked over already for those parts. 

Also, I checked for sinkrun and none of them the items he wanted were in good enough shape. 

Thanks Everyone! 

FD226FA9-134C-4880-8C1F-03214DE65D38.jpeg.e7d9cb4be91693ecca6eae461730c615.jpeg

A3904586-4AD7-414B-8E30-EF249328BC4C.jpeg.255008f91bd087cc9482f7b8141b3c40.jpeg