rear brakes shoe position

Thanks Minuit, Everything went well except at NAPA, they had a hardware kit but nothing matched up. Went back and they told me that this is what the computer says is for the truck. I even had the old parts and they said that it was probably from another vehicle. 

• 3 weeks later...

When I got shoes for my 87 Advanced Auto listed 2 different sets of brake shoes.  I just bought both and returned the ones I didn't need.  Definitely seems like there are 2 or maybe even 3 options for rear brake shoes on the Comanches   

As for the parts houses.... I have bought and returned more parts that didn't fit for this truck then for any other.  Just seems like there was a lot of small variability between the Comanches/Cherokees year by year especially during the AMC to Chrysler change over.

2 hours ago, Liketosmash said:

When I got shoes for my 87 Advanced Auto listed 2 different sets of brake shoes.  I just bought both and returned the ones I didn't need.  Definitely seems like there are 2 or maybe even 3 options for rear brake shoes on the Comanches   

As for the parts houses.... I have bought and returned more parts that didn't fit for this truck then for any other.  Just seems like there was a lot of small variability between the Comanches/Cherokees year by year especially during the AMC to Chrysler change over.

Bendix brakes have been around for a long time, and that's what AMC used back into the 1960s, and probably the 1950s. For the MJ and XJ rear brakes, the only options were for 10" x 1-3/4" (Dana 35) and 10" x 2-1/2" (Dana 44 or AMC Model 20). The counter guy should have asked you which size you needed.

image.png.a9403c8e6a273f252579f09b249f91b6.png