Bench seat

Hello

Can anybody tell me if the bench seat from a 92 will fit in my 88. I had someone weld my brackets from my old branch seat on to a Dakota seat and I’m not pleased with it at all.

Thank You 

All bench seats will work in all years, theyrr not all the same (some had headrests, some had cutouts for floor shifters) but they all fit the same.

As for my brackets, if you wanna mount an mj bench back in and the brackets are rusted or gone, I make new ones...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The seat sits way to high, Graywolf said with his longer legs it made it driving easier to drive but I’m 5’9” so I have to sit closer to steering wheel to fully engage the clutch. It’s also is harder  to get in and out of truck and now the rear view mirror creates a blind spot.

My original bench seat is toast. I was basically sitting in a hole. So I thought that the colder seats would be a good upgrade. What the welder did was remove my brackets and weld them to the new seat. But today I found another Comanche in the junkyard with a Bench seat but that also has to be reupholstered

9 hours ago, Jaime said:

Thanks and excuse my ignorance but what is a repop bracket.

Reproduction brackets. Repop is just a shorter word. If you want his brackets, they will be in the classifieds under vendors. 

Thank you.

I guess the only thing I need to decide is what is more cost effective. Get the junk yard seat and have it reupholstered or separate the Dakota seat and have new brackets made. I just don't know if I'll like the center piece sitting higher than the seats and still not be able to use the cup holder in the center section.