89 factory original

I second the hidden winch idea with a stock front bumper. Either that or a front hitch setup with a winch in a receiver. I'm working on that myself right now. I just installed my new Scarfab (Krustyballer) rear hitch, and the front one is next. The front hitch can be had from Amazon or anywhere you can get hitch stuff.

I had a front hitch in my Cherokee and I stuffed it into some dirt once not hard at all compared to how I’ve bashed my bumper and it pulled the hitch down. It only mounts to the bottom of the “frame” the boostwerks and bad dad fab tie in on the sides and front too if I remember correctly. They also have steering braces which make a great improvement in steering play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at that winch. I do like it and it might happen if I do a winch. But it'll be on the back burner

Today's find. Found it sitting between the bed and the cab buried in the ubiquitous pine straw that seems to be everywhere. I wonder how long it's been there. It just may become some kind of permanent fixture of this Comanche65d5ec43811bd620320a4be0e2b92e7e.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Recent work. Painted and installed new relay cover with clips! Took three clocks to make one working and installed along with a new Bluetooth capable radio. Installed new voltage gauge as the other showed low voltage. I've confirmed the voltage output is fine at 14.1 volts. New gauge shows even lower but tested fine on the bench. Not sure what's happening there. But in the process I broke the speedometer cable clip. So now I've ordered a new one. Determined the high output AC valve is not sealing properly causing a refrigerant leak. Ordered two new valves to replace both on the compressor. I have obtained 4 new Eliminator style wheels that need polishing. And I painted the detailed background on all the badging. Installed salvaged pre ignition heater hose. Maybe today I'll install the new steering wheel775f030e71a87529660cd21d9ad22fdd.jpg1ad986c42f312cc1695ab65340f17717.jpg77cfa2bc2b359f1c2c7ea30205810a81.jpg

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

Before and during. Pulled these out of a junkyard. Playing with one wheel learning how to do this. Already figured out one of my abrasive wheels is too abrasive. Gotta stop for now. Hopefully I can polish and buff it tomorrow then put the clear coat back on it. 493602c9e07da4c8f2dd219ba4da8226.jpga1ffa2ad72bebf2f17a3ac234ff83860.jpg

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

2 hours ago, tugboat95 said:

Before and during. Pulled these out of a junkyard. Playing with one wheel learning how to do this. Already figured out one of my abrasive wheels is too abrasive. Gotta stop for now. Hopefully I can polish and buff it tomorrow then put the clear coat back on it. 493602c9e07da4c8f2dd219ba4da8226.jpga1ffa2ad72bebf2f17a3ac234ff83860.jpg

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

Looking good!

• 2 months later...

Well I found out why my intermittent wipers didn't work. The module was gone. Thanks to@SatiricalHen for module. They work perfectly now. Now if my brake parts would ever show up I can fix them and actually drive it again. Just chipping away at it little by little.8bdda478f3c4ed9b92c9ce609932adb1.jpge52b745508649e1114396896cb90f390.jpg

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

Installed a new steering wheel yesterday. Found it in a Jeep salvage yard. Came out of an XJ. Unfortunately the guy knew what he had and just how good of shape it was in. Leather is super smooth and still supple with no blemishes. Paid more than I wanted but it was the first one I found that was in better shape than the one I had.b3f005d3db5ecb841ccc2d1bdef87aa6.jpg

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

• 2 weeks later...

Today's project was changing the differential oil and inspect the gears. I forgot to take a picture but the gears, teeth, bearing, etc looked brand new. Absolutely Zero metal shavings. Magnet couldn't pickup anything. Oil looked clean. It did not have a gasket on It so I cleaned the housing and installed a proper gasket. Bolts were in there. Had to take them out with my impact dugga dugga gun.

Got a good look at the height positioning valve. It looks good and the brake lines to it look to be in really good shape. I'm not convinced they are original. I know all the lines on the wheels are newish. And I'm pretty sure the main trunk lines are as well.

89 Comanche

Eliminator

2wd

4.0L

5 speed PukeGoat

Factory Original

• 4 weeks later...

So yesterday was flush the coolant day.  I also replaced the thermostat, its housing, the lower radiator hose, and two heater hoses.  After putting everything back together I was very worried about burping the Jeep.  No issues.  I parked the truck with the rear end uphill and slowly filled the pressure bottle.  Then I started the engine with the heater on full blast, confirmed I had positive flow thru the bottle, then sealed the cap.  Ran it until the Tstat opened. Determined this by taking the temperature of the upper radiator hose. Then I shut down the engine and let it sit for about 15 minutes or so, then I slowly, under a towel, cracked the pressure bottle cap and relieved all the pressure but keeping the coolant in it.  Coolant in the bottle immediately drained into the the engine. Then I restarted the engine.  I did this process three times, each time the amount of coolant that drained was less.  I also drilled a small hole into the thermostat and placed it at the 12:00 position. 

Today I drove it about 90 minutes in the North Carolina heat in both 70mph hwy and sitting in stop and go traffic.  Old readings stayed at about 212-215 on the guage (accuracy???)  Now its sits at about 209 while driving and goes up to about 215 sitting. In the driveway I measured the head and radiator, and everything else with a temp gun.  I'm satisfied with the ranges I am seeing.  Water going into the engine is about 177, coming out is just about 205.  Radiator is actually showing 155. All these temps are sitting in the driveway, so higher is expected.  I don't know what the normal temps are supposed to be, or how accurate the guage is.  I know the large bore diesels I work on like to stay within a 25 degree difference in and out.  I have checked and rechecked the bottle several times today to see what the level is.  Hasn't moved all day.

• 3 months later...

Major surgery started today. A few weeks ago some 30 year old plastic gave way and all my coolant left the engine in A slow steady way. As such I blew the head gasket.

Here's the plan...replace said head gasket and replace every single piece of the coolant system. While doing that I'm converting to an open system. As well as upgrading to the 746 injectors. Also replacing the water pump. Over the last two afternoons I've torn it all down. I'm taking every torque bolt I find and replacing it with a hex head. I've stripped three of them on the tbi already. That's tomorrow's job. Get them out. Going to have the head tested tomorrow and reconditioned if needed.

Learned one thing today.....this thing has a TON OF VACUUM LINES! And the exhaust manifold is interesting to remove to put it politely. And apparently I never ordered the water pump.

Tomorrow afternoon, I'll start cleaning all the surfaces and get ready to bolt back together.

Below are few pics of the tear down.4416c3f9c678c29aa85694b2fc57bf73.jpg71077ce2a70cc841851a1c364cd6e11b.jpg3d1b0c9d6c68b6b884fa5cf1c81a5dad.jpg45ba0ad9d573533ae66ee6af3d164e6b.jpg7ccd69e15f1bbbebbdfcf3d49d87c91e.jpgfe3eaa9c2e9f0899bb9e2d84cd730065.jpgde38c17aab66cd4dd44dcd560b3ca722.jpg

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

• 2 weeks later...

Piece by piece. Working around family Christmas commitments, it's slowly going back together. Had to reuse the old injectors as the ones I ordered have never shown up. Cleaned them and installed me seals. Next up all them vacuum lines have to find a home. Then install the new open cooling system.3bc2b06efc2c383ddac017cf06704dc1.jpgf5e8636836eede46928262ce543483d5.jpg

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

New heater bypass hoses. Getting rid of that pressure bottle. Hoses are hooked up to a new open radiator as well. It has been a full day putting this all back together. Only thing left is battery install and fill the radiator. But it's dark and cold so that's tomorrow's job.2d061ff797c41772594168b672401189.jpg02e888ef846f7a9d5f58801cce8e59f8.jpg

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original