Big Blue - 88 Money Pit!

• 2 months later...
On 1/21/2020 at 11:42 AM, Ls2xjcomanche said:

Recently I put in a new steering pump, fuel pump and filter. Also purchased a Wildernest! The tent is beyond repairable but the structure is sound. I need to replace some of the rusty hardware and have a new tent built.

C4E5088B-3788-44DD-B071-072204CD9627.jpeg

EE6FA962-D9B6-4EE1-9FB0-FA4ECA7B1F2D.jpeg

2DECF2ED-12D7-4884-A3A3-F20E993F7164.jpeg

Saw that Wildernest on Craigslist almost grabbed it - 

1 hour ago, 88towmanche said:

Saw that Wildernest on Craigslist almost grabbed it - 

Yeah I got lucky and called the seller within a couple hours of it being posted. He said there were 5 people in line after me if I didn’t want to buy it after looking it over. Did you want it for your mj? This particular Wildernest fits a SWB comanche

12 minutes ago, Ls2xjcomanche said:

Yeah I got lucky and called the seller within a couple hours of it being posted. He said there were 5 people in line after me if I didn’t want to buy it after looking it over. Did you want it for your mj? This particular Wildernest fits a SWB comanche

No not for my current rig, but on the hunt for a SWB for future project.

6 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

Do you want a project or a done one?

Looking for a clean, unmodified low mile HO Shorty 4x4 - like everyone else.

They are out there - saw one two weeks ago in a Walgreens parking lot, talked to the owner - guy bought it new when he retired in 1991 and had zero interest in selling, 75k on the clock, original paint not a blemish anywhere - wouldn't even consider an offer - told him about CC maybe he'll show up with pics.

2 hours ago, 88towmanche said:

They are out there - saw one two weeks ago in a Walgreens parking lot, talked to the owner - guy bought it new when he retired in 1991 and had zero interest in selling, 75k on the clock, original paint not a blemish anywhere - wouldn't even consider an offer - told him about CC maybe he'll show up with pics.

Gotcha. Mine is a shorty 89 that is leveled and has a different front bumper. 

5 hours ago, 88towmanche said:

I’m contemplating selling my 91 HO metric ton 4x4 long bed... not sure if that’s something you might be interested in.

9 hours ago, Ls2xjcomanche said:

I’m contemplating selling my 91 HO metric ton 4x4 long bed... not sure if that’s something you might be interested in.

Didn't you just get that one?  

Don't think I want another long bed - but the HO/MT package makes that one appealing.....

6 hours ago, 88towmanche said:

Didn't you just get that one?  

Don't think I want another long bed - but the HO/MT package makes that one appealing.....

Yes, I’m on the fence about selling it, especially after paying 1k to get it shipped here, but I have 5 vehicles (3 jeeps) and would like to buy a Gladiator in the next year or so

20 hours ago, Ls2xjcomanche said:

Yes, I’m on the fence about selling it, especially after paying 1k to get it shipped here, but I have 5 vehicles (3 jeeps) and would like to buy a Gladiator in the next year or so

Tell me about it - got 5 myself and that is a lot of rolling stock to keep tabbed, insured and on the road.

• 3 months later...

I picked up a Lund visor for a Cherokee. They are similar, but noticeably different when compared side by side. The main difference is the area where they mount on top of the roof on the sides. The XJ visor has a cut out and the MJs is a straight shot across.

7E023B6B-4918-49BF-B0E3-321D3D108188.jpeg.a70c622c1179e30407aae18315b8f9d0.jpeg

C016A1BD-CDF8-4E1C-AF41-567FC2BBD032.jpeg.f99c8eaaf51f6d1d2bf66df764bf8916.jpeg

49D82057-E1EE-4BE4-B0CB-F7B055D12ADC.jpeg.4c38c4849351b089d131f176515b6cd8.jpeg