Big Blue - 88 Money Pit!

Finally getting around to making a build thread of my MJ that I purchased in Feb. of 2017. CC has been an excellent resource for finding those hard-to-find parts as well as information, with VERY knowledgeable and helpful members that have made owning/building this Comanche an awesome experience! Prior to picking up my 88 Comanche, I had owned two XJ's (currently just one), so I was somewhat familiar with Jeeps and the 4.0 motor. However, I wasn't really sure what to look for as far as year, model, drivetrain, options, etc. I just knew that I wanted a Comanche. After a couple months, of surfing Craigslist I found one that was worth checking out. I had my friend test drive it, because at the time I did not know how to drive a stick. After riding in it for a few miles, I decided that I had to get it, and purchased it on the spot. Here are a couple pics once the comanche made it home! I'll add more pics and info of stuff that's been done to it over the past few years soon!

IMG_6440.JPG

IMG_6443.JPG

11 minutes ago, Pete M said:

that's a good choice :D  I really like mine!

Yes I love it, the previous one hand more headroom, but just didn’t look right to me! Like it when the topper is even with the cab.

I preemptively purchased a long bed Leer Canopy when one popped up on CL. 

02FF4270-CC5C-49CC-9A6E-6819E5F381B2.jpeg

2 hours ago, thecodemonk said:

...wait, where in WA?  and how in the world do you find these things?!

...also, do you already have plans for that long bed topper? >.>

Tacoma area... I spend way too much time on Craigslist lol!

I do have plans for it, but I recently bought a long bed comanche and I might be selling the topper that is currently on it once it gets shipped up here. 

388000C5-97F2-4BB5-852F-ADC4EE9E15E6.jpeg

1732F145-C5ED-4298-8411-C0A73DA5069C.jpeg

40C3A22B-CBDE-4DB3-85B9-316C79FC6021.jpeg

4C4625C6-C2FA-4F1E-B3EB-F351076D6122.jpeg

Nice!  You are collecting all sorts of great toppers.  If you do, let me know!  Tacoma isn't too far a drive for me and I think I could talk the wife into it...she loved truck topper camping when I had a full sized truck.

So...tally is that you have two MJ's now?  A SWB and a LWB?

5 hours ago, thecodemonk said:

Nice!  You are collecting all sorts of great toppers.  If you do, let me know!  Tacoma isn't too far a drive for me and I think I could talk the wife into it...she loved truck topper camping when I had a full sized truck.

So...tally is that you have two MJ's now?  A SWB and a LWB?

Thanks! I’ll message you if I decide to sell one of them. They do come in great for camping.

Yes I have one of each.

On 10/8/2019 at 7:29 PM, thecodemonk said:

One of each is awesome!  Got different plans for each?

Long term goal for the SWB is a 4BT swap but don’t foresee that happening anytime soon.

The LWB I would like to do a small lift and 31’s or 33’s. Primarily being used as a camping rig.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 5:55 PM, eaglescout526 said:

Alright. I’m curious. Is that a vent relocation and well, I can’t tell. It’s an AC control deck but i don't know where from. Looks GM. 

Care to tell?

I’m not sure that’s how it was when I got it. The PO installed an aftermarket AC system in it.

• 2 weeks later...