Coolant bottle cap from 4cyl MJ in MO

schardein

Seems like I saw someone post here on CC that they were looking for a 4cyl coolant bottle cap.  Found one in a junkyard in SLC.  It's not the prettiest.  Also have the piece that sits in the bottle.

I also discovered that a late 80's Chevy truck cap also threads on the MJ bottle.

Either or both are for sale, $5 plus shipping from 65570.

IMG_5144.jpg

36 minutes ago, schardein said:

Seems like I saw someone post here on CC that they were looking for a 4cyl coolant bottle cap.  Found one in a junkyard in SLC.  It's not the prettiest.  Also have the piece that sits in the bottle.

I also discovered that a late 80's Chevy truck cap also threads on the MJ bottle.

Either or both are for sale, $5 plus shipping from 65570.

IMG_5144.jpg

Which Chevy truck?   

That’s neat you found a printed one. Those are from the Chrysler years. 

10 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Which Chevy truck?   

I was afraid someone would ask this, haha.  It was a later square body, not sure exactly.  It was a Suburban, it might have been 88-90 range, when the pickups had already changed over to the new body style, but the Suburbans, Blazers, and 3+3 cabs were still square?

Lol. I’ll have to do some investigating on those. I’m sure Delco makes it. 

If they do it is nice to have some sort of replacement. I searched for years trying to find a good replacement cap and never found one, till I discovered the old 5qt valvoline oil bottles fit decent with a good smack. 

Edit:

The GM cape are still made. Search ACDelco RC77. But do buy OEM!

7 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

If they do it is nice to have some sort of replacement. I searched for years trying to find a good replacement cap and never found one, till I discovered the old 5qt valvoline oil bottles fit decent with a good smack. 

Looked for a part number, but only found the dreaded "china" and a paper gasket that has seen better days.

Edit: Maybe this is an aftermarket replacement?

IMG_5166.jpg

7 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Edit:

The GM cape are still made. Search ACDelco RC77. But do buy OEM!

Here are the years and makes that use the RC77 according to Rockauto.

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 8.46.14 PM.png

Archived