88' Bench seat to Buckets question

Quick one here folks as I haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

I want to replace my bench with Bucket seats, and I know certain Comanche models came with buckets stock, but I haven't seen any around that are late 80's. Was this an option that only came in later models, and if so is there a difference to the brackets? 

all MJ years had buckets available. :L: 

someone can correct me if I'm remembering this wrong, but I think only the Eliminator package came with buckets-only, no bench.  Everything else would have a bench standard and buckets as an option. 

there's no need to limit yourself to MJ buckets unless you're doing a restoration.  there are hundreds of Jeeps/trucks/cars in the junkyards around you that can donate their seats to your MJ. :D 

all MJ years had buckets available. :L: 

someone can correct me if I'm remembering this wrong, but I think only the Eliminator package came with buckets-only, no bench.  Everything else would have a bench standard and buckets as an option. 

there's no need to limit yourself to MJ buckets unless you're doing a restoration.  there are hundreds of Jeeps/trucks/cars in the junkyards around you that can donate their seats to your MJ.  

My 91 elimiantor has a bench in it...

But pete is correct, all buckets from an mj are direct bolt in, 84-94 cm seats require mj brackets to fit. You can drill them off your bench seat or you can buy a set of reproduction ones from me

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

My guess is that the buckets in your eliminator were swapped for a bench. I have considered doing this to mine as I have very wide shoulders and the the buckets are dreadfully uncomfortable. Plus I have kids and a bench would be nice. Does anyone else think the buckets were uncomfortable? I'm an ex bodybuilder so maybe my width is a personal problem.

My guess is that the buckets in your eliminator were swapped for a bench. I have considered doing this to mine as I have very wide shoulders and the the buckets are dreadfully uncomfortable. Plus I have kids and a bench would be nice. Does anyone else think the buckets were uncomfortable? I'm an ex bodybuilder so maybe my width is a personal problem.
Vin decoder says the bench was indeed swapped in...I've never had buckets in an mj (only xjs, but same thing anyways) I don't think they're any more uncomfortable than anything else. The seats in my 2016 ram are very uncomfortable.

18 hours ago, krustyballer16 said:

My 91 elimiantor has a bench in it...

But pete is correct, all buckets from an mj are direct bolt in, 84-94 cm seats require mj brackets to fit. You can drill them off your bench seat or you can buy a set of reproduction ones from me

Thanks for your help! So I definitely want original/Cherokee seats, I actually have one already that I pulled off a Cherokee long before I even owned the Comanche with the intention of making a stool haha.

So bracket wise, only Comanche bucket seat brackets will do, or I can mod the bench bracket? That would be ideal because I know the driver side mounting point had been sitting in water so isn't going to come out without a fight.

Thanks for your help! So I definitely want original/Cherokee seats, I actually have one already that I pulled off a Cherokee long before I even owned the Comanche with the intention of making a stool haha.

So bracket wise, only Comanche bucket seat brackets will do, or I can mod the bench bracket? That would be ideal because I know the driver side mounting point had been sitting in water so isn't going to come out without a fight.
Bench and MJ bucket seat brackets are the same.
Or you can buy my repop brackets instead of cutting yours off your bench.