Booster help

I had to retire my mj till I get it the way I want it, the 4.0 has 500k + on it. While at the jy I found a 98 Cherokee w/o and, can I upgrade and use this booster? I read on here you can use a booster off a 96 w/o abs can i use a 98? thanks all

IMG_20190805_163043770_HDR.jpg

I done this swap with a 96 booster. The reason why everyone uses the 95-96 brake booster is the rod length matches our truck's original brake booster rod.  This allows the brake pedal to matches original height. The 95/96 is easiest to swap over because the modifications to it is minor.  If you set on swap over a 98  booster, you still can do but it requires cutting and welding the brake booster rod to match original spec. In my opinion, you be better off in time and save yourself frustration by using a 95/96 instead. 

You guys ain't skeerd are ya?

04 WJ with spacer..........nothing to it. 

0ZJsBJI.jpg

And you can get the later bracket and mount a more appropriate switch.

PAMpDWq.jpg
I used the 04 wj one for the first one I did, just grinded the shaft to fit the old switch, it worked. Not sure if I want to trust my welding skills on something that stops me from crashing.

1988 swb 4.0 ax15 np 231 red with gray interior.

FWIW: I am planning on doing something like this eventually. However, I would use a die to cut threads on the booster rod and the piece from the old booster rod. Then use a coupler nut to put them together. This way there is no welding as I wouldn't trust it fully either. Also makes a provision for changing brake pedal height to make it perfect.