Retainer for shifter boot

The plastic retainer that holds the bottom of the boot around the shifter is pretty unsubstantial. Has any clever person made one out of stiff wire or something that will hold up better than 30 year old plastic? Just  bought 2 new boots online for $10 each but no retainer.

34 minutes ago, Limeyjeeper said:

If you have a post 1997 then they are $5 they might fit pre 97.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/918886_94.htm

After looking at the pics, I took a closer look at mine and there is no ring but a lip on the mini-console is broken off.  I don't know if the part will work but how wrong can  you go for $4.99.  Would like to get it closed up before slithering reptiles of summer find a way in.

4 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

MoPar still has them available. If you want to go that route. 53000056AB

Thanks for that. I failed to note that I am looking for an 87MJ and and 89MJ. Both 5 speed, 4.0.  The part for number given is for 97-04.  But you did get me pointed in the right direction. 

14 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

That number should still fit. It just superseded over the years. I bought one a while back and it’s holding up pretty well. Then found out that the edges that hold that retainer down on the console cracked and had to JBweld that. 

I see you are from AZ. Does the boot keep the rattle snakes out in the summer?

1 hour ago, Manche757 said:

I see you are from AZ. Does the boot keep the rattle snakes out in the summer?

Ha. Lol. I would sure hope so. That being said the inner dust boot under the carpet should keep them out. My biggest concern would be spiders actually. Not so much rattlers in the neighborhood.