¡Name That Carburetor!

If I could I would probably replace it with the pergresive Holly 2brl. More parts,jets,Can be adapted to almost anything,and easy to work on.Unless you want to keep it all stock. Ford has used them on tons of cars,and small trucks over the years.We even adapted them to VW's. I bet they even sell an adapter for the V6's. Just an idea I thought I would throw out there.

Coming from living in Colombia, veering is rebuilt. However, here in Puerto Rico, that is a lost art. So, I am. in the market for a new carburetor.

Can anyone please point me in the direction of the best bang for my buck?

I am poor, so I am need a good reliable deal. Thanks!

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Gat'79 said:

Does anyone know the difference between the E2SE and the 2SE? Would both fit my V6 2.8l?

It's likely that one is electronically controlled and one is not. 

I'm with the others here, Holley or Weber, but that won't be cheap and to get the full benefit you'll likely want an intake change. 

I've shipped parts to PR so I know for a fact that getting parts there is not an issue, price/cost may be though. 

Intake and carb will probably be in the $600 to $700 range. 

It's likely that one is electronically controlled and one is not. 

I'm with the others here, Holley or Weber, but that won't be cheap and to get the full benefit you'll likely want an intake change. 

I've shipped parts to PR so I know for a fact that getting parts there is not an issue, price/cost may be though. 

Intake and carb will probably be in the $600 to $700 range. 
I'm definitely not that flush, I'd like to get something under 200. Sure, she takes loads, but for the most part is it my daily driver.

If someone knows of a place or has rebuilt ones I would like it before the end of the new week.

thanks ya'll

Rebuilds on Rockauto.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/jeep,1986,cherokee,2.8l+173cid+v6,1179592,fuel+&+air,carburetor,5904

Kits.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/jeep,1986,cherokee,2.8l+173cid+v6,1179592,fuel+&+air,carburetor+repair+kit,5964

Cross reference those numbers with Amazon or whatever other online retailers.  Sometimes they're cheaper.  If you order through Rockauto look online for a 5% discount code.

51 minutes ago, Gat'79 said:

RockAuto is cheap, but with the shipping to emoji1202.png outweighs the base cost.

You are going to have to find someone willing to ship USPS Priority Flat Rate. 

Same price as domestic. 

PM me if you seriously cannot find a favorable deal with shipping........I'll be happy to ship to you. 

You decide if this is your carb.........if so..............one hell of a deal here-

https://www.ebay.com/i/272339113105?chn=ps

And under your $200 expectation. And as far as I know the 2.5 and 2.8  used the same carb. 
I looked at the interchange numbers listed and mine isn't listed. I sent a message to the seller.

a3fcb24b9561cc60ccd12ce238ebae87.jpg

What a terrible time living on a mountain in a new town. So, my mission today was to take out the Carburetor and walk 4.5 miles into town.

I woke up and there happen to be a mecánico working across the street. (What are the chances) I beat the carburetor on top.l of the float and it moved the obstruction. I let it run and talked the mecánico who called someone who gave another number who said, "take it out and I get to it maybe Saturday for delivery on maybe Tuesday". I don't have another vehicle to drop it off plus I fly to San Diego Tuesday.

I drove the truck to the first guy in another mountain, who I explained the problem to and he called his brother, on another mountain, who said bring it tomorrow morning at 7am and I will fix it right away. This will be the 2nd carburetor build I will watch and hopefully the last, fore I will. learn how to do it.

And to think, living in Colombia, if you call a mecánico in the AM he will arrive to your farm in the afternoon and fix the problem if you can't. All for a house call fee of 6 dollars.

Thanks everyone for you input. This Comanche is really an awesome truck and rare, but it is taking my pocket for a ride. Thank the universe I can do most everything myself with my limited knowledge because I cannot afford the top of the line parts nor mecánicos.

Again, thank you.