Red Fluid Under Dash

While swapping in bucket seats, I figured I might as well swap the my renix ECU since I had extra room. I have an 88 and bought one from a 90. Once I had a light under there I noticed quite a bit of red fluid underneath the steering wheel. It appears to start up near the back of the gauge cluster. Not sure what would leak from that high up? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

D463B91C-4CE8-4B0C-978D-904342B6226F.jpeg

Tranny fluid?

A Renix has a mechanical speedometer. It's remotely possible that your transmission or transfer case breather is clogged and as the case heats up the lube is being driven up the speedo cable and coming out where it attaches to the speedo head.

Yea i checked bracket by the brake booster and didn’t see any leaks. 

21 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Tranny fluid?

A Renix has a mechanical speedometer. It's remotely possible that your transmission or transfer case breather is clogged and as the case heats up the lube is being driven up the speedo cable and coming out where it attaches to the speedo head.

I’m going to look into this it’s the only thing that makes sense. I have a short shifter and the shop made a custom breather for the transmission. Thank you!

Thanks I’ll check it out tonight after work the transfer case has the same red fluid dripping off of it in various places.

2 hours ago, gogmorgo said:

If 4wd it would be the transfer case. There should be a hose running from it up to the firewall near the back of the engine, that'll be the breather. 

6 hours ago, Ls2xjcomanche said:

Thanks I’ll check it out tonight after work the transfer case has the same red fluid dripping off of it in various places.

Because the transfer case uses ATF as the lubricant, and ATF is red.