1986 cherokee 2.5 FS $1500 OBO

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, Pat, Tim, there is that black tube rear bumper there. I think incorporating that into it along with the front bumper it already has would really set it off right.

Just my 2¢

We can do way better then the front bumper that is on it. I also have a 4"x6" rear bumper that is an air tank to boot.

We can do way better then the front bumper that is on it. I also have a 4"x6" rear bumper that is an air tank to boot.

I very much want that..problem is idk how much $$$ I can spend, nor do I know if this thing will end up as a serious offroader yet...?

I very much want that..problem is idk how much $$$ I can spend, nor do I know if this thing will end up as a serious offroader yet...?

When you stop by we can figure out a package deal.

You're not wheeling your 3800, so the XJ is the next best thing. :brows:

I was thinkin of buying a tracker for wheeling actually...

hahaha lmao just kidding.

you're right of course, 'cept right now the xj is almost as done as it will be before winter...I don't want to drive the 3800 much more this year, so gotta finish it :D

I was thinkin of buying a tracker for wheeling actually...

hahaha lmao just kidding.

you're right of course, 'cept right now the xj is almost as done as it will be before winter...I don't want to drive the 3800 much more this year, so gotta finish it :D

Winters not that close. We could lift it and have bumpers on it before snow comes.

:P

I want that bumper. we'll work it out. but it won't go on until AFTER the xj has an engine upgrade. it's a 2.5 now, and will already be a dog without that extra weight.

I'm thinking same thing goes for the lift...but I DO have the 31x10.50's off the 3800 available...methinks the 3800 will come out of the barn with some 33x12.50's on for show....along with one o them lifts (hey tim, wanna sell me a RC 6.5" lift with home-altered control arms?)

registered the xj today, drove her around, I'm happy with her.

all that's left is to do a final bleed on the clutch, swap out some power window motors, and chrome power mirrors, stereo system, one lock actuator, and gotta swap the front t-case yoke so I can get rid of the cv driveshaft and put in a ujoint style one

and a headliner...

and newer roof rack etc.

but man, she's turned out nice. I don't doubt that I'll end up blasting the few bad surface rust spots, cleanin them up, spraying from mid-door down in new black (gloss) then putting woddy paneling on her with the waggy grille...just cause I like it :D

some pics outside...

n69205416_32460505_825.jpg

n69205416_32460506_1137.jpg

n69205416_32465618_8461.jpg

well, apart from needing black trim installed on all 4 doors (it's "oops I f*d up the wax job" white...from the PO), it's basically done.

last couple things are to replace the window motor and clean the lock actuator connections in the rear dr/side door, put a headliner in it, put TNT's roof rack on it, and I think she's pretty much done. oh! and install the sub and amp of course :D

alright so today I...

fixed the clutch. the pedal was bent, it didn't need a bleed. it was bent where the master cylinder hooks to it, making it so that the clutch pedal didn't seem to come up all the way. put a crescent wrench on it with a cheater bar, and pryed and straightened the thing out, now she runs and drives like a dream...sorta.

need to clean all electrical connections and probably swap a few TB sensors as it doesn't idle the best...but that's no big deal.

installed chrome mirrors...had to splice there cause the connectors changed in 87.

replaced driver's side window motor, just have to do passenger door now.

repaired all lights so they work properly.

and I had an oil leak from a small round-ish plate on the passenger side of the motor...suffice to say that it had a clip for the starter wire on it before, and I forgot to tighten it back down after I reinstalled it. that's done.

so she's workin good.

and put TNT's small roof rack on. it will get his offroad tail lights and his air tank rear bumper...the bumper will be altered to follow the contours of the body on the corners, and offer some protection.

• 4 weeks later...

well, she's been getting about 19mpg...not so hot. she needs new plugs so I'll be taking the serepentine off and a/c unit off soon (got to to get to the front plug) and getting that done.

will be replacing all vacuum lines as well.

added 800 watt sub system to her along with a pioneer DEH-6700MP head unit and a cargo cover.

next project is to install the HD air tank rear bumper along with swingout tire carrier built onto it. then the E-van rear springs will be installed along with boomerang shackles, and match the lift up front to whatever the rear springs alot me for lift.

will run 30x9.5 or 31x9.5 tires on it, and she will most likely end up with the 3800 motor out of my MJ...since I've found a 22xxx mile supercharged buick 3800 to put in the MJ :brows:

got 4.5" lift coils and shocks for $50. so it'll be a 4.5" lift I'll have to boomerang shackle it to make it right with the new springs I think.

gonna make a set of lower control arms for it, and make a trackbar for it as well.

only run 31" tires though, cause the 33x12.50 won't fit, and in the end...it's still a 4 cyl. 33's are too big.

got 4.5" lift coils and shocks for $50. so it'll be a 4.5" lift I'll have to boomerang shackle it to make it right with the new springs I think.

gonna make a set of lower control arms for it, and make a trackbar for it as well.

only run 31" tires though, cause the 33x12.50 won't fit, and in the end...it's still a 4 cyl. 33's are too big.

nice jamminz.gif

Hey my 4 banger loves my 35s. It even will go 60 mph. That was a good find on the coils though.

Cole

..exactly. I drive 55mph, approx. 36 miles one way, daily and would like to you know, not have to peg it to the floor.

it'll get an engine upgrade as well, since the xj is in pretty good shape, I don't think I should look for another one (I have...about $900 invested in it right now and no rust-through/minimal surface rust...and the investment goes down once I sell the 90 xj since that was part of the trade). so I'm thinking upgrade the 3800 to a supercharged 3.8...which will need all new mounts and such...and then put the 3800 in the xj jamminz.gif

I also have my air tank/HD rear bumper from TNT that just needs the ends extended to match the xj body, and I'll be installing a dual swingout tire carrier...tire on left swing, gerry cans/water/tow rope/shackles on right, with the hi-lift below them across the bumper. the right swingout will be removable so that I can add a second spare tire should I need to.

nice jamminz.gif

:D

I'm :nuts: i know

Hey my 4 banger loves my 35s. It even will go 60 mph. That was a good find on the coils though.

Cole

..exactly. I drive 55mph, approx. 36 miles one way, daily and would like to you know, not have to peg it to the floor.

it'll get an engine upgrade as well, since the xj is in pretty good shape, I don't think I should look for another one (I have...about $900 invested in it right now and no rust-through/minimal surface rust...and the investment goes down once I sell the 90 xj since that was part of the trade). so I'm thinking upgrade the 3800 to a supercharged 3.8...which will need all new mounts and such...and then put the 3800 in the xj jamminz.gif

I also have my air tank/HD rear bumper from TNT that just needs the ends extended to match the xj body, and I'll be installing a dual swingout tire carrier...tire on left swing, gerry cans/water/tow rope/shackles on right, with the hi-lift below them across the bumper. the right swingout will be removable so that I can add a second spare tire should I need to.

dual spare tires, just what you need :roll:

dual spare tires, just what you need :roll:

well...I gotta alter the bumper for 1 spare anyways...why not go for 2?

lol. it'll be primarily a single spare tire with the other siwngout being for the gerry can/water can/tow stuff.

:D

I have most of the stuff for on board air as well now...rear bumper is the tank, I have the hoses and connector (that'll go next to the gas tank filler behind the gas tank door). all I need is the intake filter for the a/c, the lubricant reservoir, and the lube seperator. I already have the regulator.

*shrug* I'm lifting it higher than I intended so I'm gonna just build it to what I want right away, upgrade the motor sometime this spring/summer.

3000 miles in 29 days jamminz.gif

thats as much as i put on my truck since i got it in June '06

yea... :eek: it's what you get when you drive 45 min. to school and back almost every day... :roll:

oil change sunday morning. also "new" front left rubber motor mount...tore the old one today. gonna go poly next time.