Control arm lengths needed for 5" lift

Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows how much longer the control arms need to be in order to work properly with 5" lift? I will be purchasing a rustys kit but right now have access to some jk front and rear arms. They are aproximately 3" longer. Oh and yes i beloeve in my welding skills if i need to shorten them. 

Work properly......Long arm that sucka. 5" on short arms is pushing it. You can put on control arm drop brackets but kind of defeats the purpose of lifting it. You plannig on running adjustable uppers? I'd also ditch cRustys they make junk. And the JK arms need to be rear uppers. 

Hey guys thanks this is just to get the manche runnin and driving so i can part out the yj to fund the build. Planning on running adjustable uppers and lowers. Rustys or ruff stuff is what ive been looking at for diy as i am a metal fabricate for a living

1 hour ago, shelbyluvv said:

Explain why you feel drop brackets are not any good? I have been using them for a long, long time and have had zero issues, ever getting hung up on them.

:yeahthat: my XJ lifted 5 1/2" with drop bracket making ride huge different smoother ride also give u better flex too i been daily and offroad with zero issues for like 3 years now.

PS. 4 arm control by core 4x4

Drop bracket by rough country 

6 hours ago, Dlebo said:

Hey guys thanks this is just to get the manche runnin and driving so i can part out the yj to fund the build. Planning on running adjustable uppers and lowers. Rustys or ruff stuff is what ive been looking at for diy as i am a metal fabricate for a living

Right on, DIY as in....?