Overseas shipping

kansashogan

I sold some tail lights to a guy in Puerto Rico last week and got them shipped off. I got them back today because they said the address was undeliverable.  WHAT?  Just so happens I got a message from the guy and he says he hasn't recieved them. I just figured it out I think. The address he sent on messenger looks different from the computer to the phone screens. The phone screen puts it all in one long jumbled mess while the computer lays it out like we are used to. The info is all there just not all on the same lines. 

20190320_165521.jpg

Screenshot_20190320-180150_Messenger.jpg

Now, all the info is there just jumbled a little. You would think the Post office could have figured it out. No more international shipping for me. I could have sold these to someone on here but I told this guy he was first so i kept my word. Not much profit after this.

Just offering my POV-

I have shipped MJ parts to PR and shipping USPS Flat Rate is same as continental US. Cheap. 

I just sold my MJ tail lights on ebay for $150, fair price for fair condition, buyer paid shipping. 

I just today shipped a toolbox to a member here, member paid a hefty sum to ship, HEFTY. I texted him a photo of receipt as proof of ship, receipt has all his pertinent information including cost of ship. 

My mobile devices are invaluable, however-

I never ever use mobile devices for anything financial. EVER!

If it's important it gets done right here at my desktop. For the very reason you posted. 

16 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

I never ever use mobile devices for anything financial. EVER!

If it's important it gets done right here at my desktop. For the very reason you posted. 

I agree 100%. I feel like everyone who does this kind of business has to learn this lesson once. I got burned by something similar to this not long after I started selling radios, and ever since then I do everything on my desktop. All critical info gets triple checked and if there's even a shred of doubt I figure it out with the buyer. Especially if it's an international shipment.

The only thing I use my phone for business wise is to read and reply to emails, and I don't even do that often because I type much, much faster on a desktop than a phone.

Also - if I'm ever typing out an address on something that can cause formatting problems like FB messenger, I type every line out as a separate message. Might make it a little clearer to see what it's supposed to be.

I just shipped out a parcel to a club member in Sweden.  He emailed me his shipping info and I couldn't figure out anything past his name as far as street address, city, state, zip code.  I just copied everything down and took it to the post office and politely asked the clerk to figure it all out.  As far as I know, it's supposed to deliver tomorrow or Friday, lol.