Video or file limits

when it says max size 9.77Mb is that for the entire post or per individual response or post? I trimmed down (2) videos under the 9.77 Mb limit, but would only allow me to post one. Went down to reply in the topic and would not let me down load another 9.77Mb video. Both videos were 7.5mb in size

Hey Pete, I am an old guy what does that mean exactly. I have an active posting in tech and modifications, and I took some videos of my scanner and the readings, I had to trim them down to fit the 9.77MB threshold but I posted one, then I thought I could post the other but it wouldn't let me. I had a couple of responses  on the post then tried again to post it and it worked. Does that answer your question? I have the video files on my computer.

Being a senior citizen, if I understand this correctly I am posting the link and not the file. Therefore I have no 9.77MB file size restriction because I am just posting the link to the file which is hosted by YouTube. YES?

there is a learning curve for sure.  once you get the hang of it, it's easy. :D    but yeah, once you upload the vid from your computer/phone to youtube.com then they have the video saved and you can come back here to put a link to it in your textbox.  then people can see it in your thread, but we aren't responsible for storing and paying for the video playing, youtube is. :L: 

Yes I made the video from my smart phone. 1st one was about a minute and it was 124MB which I didn't think was very big. Until I got to the posting and saw file attachements had a 9.77MB size restriction. Then I had to learn how to trim the video down to fit the size of the acceptable attachment size for posting I think it was about 3-5 seconds from a minute. It seems to make more sense posting a link than having us support the file size of the video.

The best part was I was sending the video via email from my phone to my laptop. I also found out that there are size restrictions for file sizes for mobile email. I have roadrunner and it only 20MB file sizes from cell phones to PC's.

On a cell phone you can make the video. Then go to the video to share it, this is where you send it to YouTube. You must have a YouTube account. Then you can copy the link to the video on YouTube. My YouTube channel has the 3 videos I have put on here. Hope this helps.

Just a couple of questions, when you are sending the video to YouTube how is it sent? via e-mail, via the internet, the reason I am asking is some carriers have limitations on the size of the file transfer. I have Verizon as my carrier, and as stated earlier, RoadRunner is my ISP provider. Not sure what the size limits are for Verizon, but RR is only 20MB which is not very much. My biggest issue was controlling the size of the video file. A minute doesen't seem like a long time but it was 124MB, then you have to trim it down to fit the size requirements.

21 hours ago, hakukamana said:

Just a couple of questions, when you are sending the video to YouTube how is it sent? via e-mail, via the internet, the reason I am asking is some carriers have limitations on the size of the file transfer. I have Verizon as my carrier, and as stated earlier, RoadRunner is my ISP provider. Not sure what the size limits are for Verizon, but RR is only 20MB which is not very much. My biggest issue was controlling the size of the video file. A minute doesen't seem like a long time but it was 124MB, then you have to trim it down to fit the size requirements.

Three ways to upload to youtube-

Data, upload directly to youtube via data.........just tap share. 

USB, transfer file to laptop via USB cable, use software to edit,  upload from laptop via RR to youtube.

RR, connect phone to wifi, upload directly from phone via RR and wifi. 

Once uploaded to youtube, youtube does have a limited editing program.