Continuing O2 failures

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3.07. AX15 and regear are on the to do list. For now I just plan on driving it. After completing all of Cruisers tips the truck really drives quite nice. 5th grear is useless unless I plan on driving across Nebraska or Kansas.

The AW 4 the Dana 44 with Trac Loc, and 4.11 thick gears, make driving, the Eliminator easy/peasy, I'm spoiled, not a lot of freeways on the island,  but we do have some challenges with lava roads and pretty severe grades. Climbs like a Billy goat.

746's are flowing @ 20.2 lbs/hr and 212 cc/min. Stock injectors are flowing @ 21.5 lbs/hr and 240cc/min. These are or should be based on 43.5psi fuel pressure or 3 bar. Could the ECU be trying to compensate for flow from the 746's. What funny is the calculator says both stock and 746's are providing more fuel than required.

What seems odd to me is the loss of 1.3 lbs/hr should cause LTFT (go above 128) to increase INJ PW time (ms). But so many other factors come into play here. Throttle bodies, exhaust systems etc, etc. But O2S switching (RICH LEAN) will always try to find 14.7 to 1 (stoichiometric fuel ratio).

NAXJA Forum User

Re: Long Term Fuel Trim at 92. Renix

Just gonna add a little input as I was quickly browsing the thread. Renix ECUs do have a KAM Keep Alive Memory which does store a few values such as previous LTFT, TPS closed %, and how many key cycles since a sensor fault, though I'm still trying to find that last one. The big debate is if Renix stores trouble codes which it does not save for the key cycle.

I'm going to do a lot more looking into the few mystery values still left in the stream to see what I can find eventually.

As for LTFT in general, after a reset it will read 128 which means it is using the stock look-up table. Once the vehicle sucesfully stays in closed loop then it will start adjusting STFT and an average deviation will be found which is the LTFT.

So LTFT shows you the average correction factor from the stock tables that is needed to stay stoic. STFT is the current needed deviation I think, and I forget if that changes in open loop.

Lower LTFT readings means it is using less fuel to stay stoic, and higher readings show more fuel is required. For my stroker it sits are 176 but will go a little lower if only city driving.

This is the guy who's manufacturing the in-cab diagnostic readers, he a lot smarter than me. But he knows the insides of the Renix computer and a lot of its construction.

• 2 weeks later...